Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD Application Configuration HAP_AC_MAIN_DOC overwrites standard settings

andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing the difficulty to change the UI settings of WD application HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT. We have the requirement that toolbar buttons have to look like real buttons and so I changed the in the global Webdynpro setting (with the ICF service WD_GLOBAL_SETTING) the parameter WDSTYLE_TOOLBARDESIGN from "flat toolbar design" to "highlighted toolbar design". This works in all applications except HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_ESS and HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT.

These applications still work with the flat toolbar design. When I check the standard application configurations HAP_AC_MAIN_DOC and HAP_START_PG_POW_ESS_AC I see that the paramater for WDSTYLE_TOOLBARDESIGN is set to "default settings". However the default value is "highlighted toolbar design".

What exactly does the setting "default setting" mean? And how can I bring up the highlighted toolbar design without creating own application configurations? These would lead into a modification since the application HAP_MAIN_DOCUMENT with its standard configuration is called within the coding of the method COMPONENTCONTROLLER->FOLLOWUP_POWL of webdynpro component HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI.

Thanks for your support/help

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

I contacted SAP about this issue. And the answer is, that the application configuration really overwrites the global WD settings. However, there is a way to enhance an application configuration without to modify it.

In the application configuration editor choose "Other Functions" --> "Create Delegation Enhancement". This option creates a copy of the existing application configuration and whenever the application is called it uses the copied configuration instead of the original one.

Actually an easy way to solve my problem.

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos
andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

thank you for your reply. I had a look on this information too. It works fine as long as you directly call WD applications. In my case I have a standard FPM application with its application configuration which calls another application from within. I can take influence on the first call but the second call is hardcoded with its standard application configuration.

I am still puzzled about the value "default setting" in this configurations as it seems to overwrite the global WD parameters. IMHO this shouldn't be.

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can enhance the method to use your own application configuration. Normally SAP uses launchpad for navigation, where you can configure the used application configuration. Your problem is described in SAP note 1980723.

andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

thanks for your answer. According to the linked SAP note this is what I have feared The SAP standard application configuration overwrites the global settings.

Andreas