cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruleset Comparison in GRC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any one also know the Ruleset comparison program name in GRC10.

I tried running the Ruleset comparison option from NWBC->Setup-> Access Ruleset Maintenance->Rulesetup->Ruleset Comparison, there is an option to select Risks,Actions,Permission, however on running the comparison tool no risks/action/permission is getting populated in the output report. Is this a bug? has any one else faced this issue?

Cheers,
Sabitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabitha:

did you ever figure this out? I am also having the same challenge.

Cheers

Salau

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear both,

with the rule comparison report you have the possibility to compare GRC rule sets (old/new) directly in ARA.

Basically you upload the new rule set and you are able to compare which risks, actions or permissions have been changed compared with your old one. Please be aware that you cannot load the new rule set with the similar name as comparison isn't possible then.

The report shows the differences between the rule sets, e.g. which risk, action or permission has differences.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Alessandro. That has addressed by concerns. I couldn't get any official documentation on this functionality and was kinda skeptical about the results of a reulest compare I performed.

Regards,

Sal

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sal,

great - let us know if you have further questions. Otherwise please close the thread and mark as answered.

Best regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alessandro.

The thread was started by Sabitha. I guess only Sabitha can mark it as answered.

Regards,

Sal