cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan charm SP 10 and PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our client has just upgraded their Solution Manager 7.1 to SP 10. Now that we have the software component CPRXRPM installed, we would like to try PPM with ChaRm. But we have some questions :

- BEFORE SPRO configuration for ChaRm usage, is there any setup to do for "activating" SAP PPM ? I saw the configuration guide for SAP PPM 5.0 but it is not talking at all about what need to be activated only for SolMan usage.

- Actually, our customer is not using the JAVA stack of SolMan. Is it an issue ? Or is it only needed for Adobe Document Services (ADS) when generating project report status ?

Thank you in advance

Regards.

Jean-Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

- BEFORE SPRO configuration for ChaRm usage, is there any setup to do for "activating" SAP PPM ? I saw the configuration guide for SAP PPM 5.0 but it is not talking at all about what need to be activated only for SolMan usage.

There is no distinction between only solman usage and generic usage. The usual configuration guide should be sufficient for configuring. You may go through below blogs on understanding how the integration works and what needs to be configured.

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/11/19/ppm-projects-integra...

- Actually, our customer is not using the JAVA stack of SolMan. Is it an issue ? Or is it only needed forAdobe Document Services (ADS) when generating project report status ?

Yes, that might create some issue when you try to use Project reports using ADS. Is there any specific reason for not using/activating ADS on java stack?. If you do not want to use reports then it should be OK to ignore ADS part.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your answer.

I have already read these 2 good blogs but they are explaining what to do AFTER you have "configured" or "deployed" PPM itself... Or did I miss something and what you show in your blog is enough ?

If I have the right the PPM configuration guide (SP 05), it is around 276 pages so I was surprise that I need to go through all these steps for being able to use it.

Regarding your question, customer don't have any JAVA system so he doesn't see any usage for the one in SolMan (no monitoring also and so on ..).

And on help.sap.com, they are talking only about SPRO :

Integration of PPM Projects and Change Request Management - Working with Projects - SAP Library

Or again, maybe I am missing something ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jean-Philippe

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, only SPRO Configuration should be sufficient for integrating ChaRM and PPM. But how to use PPM is a separate topic all together. That is why you see 276 pages of guide. But as far the integration is considered the SPRO steps are sufficient.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I will check that then. Thank you.

I will keep this thread open for now. I ll check tonight.

Thank you again !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Just follow your blog. Very useful thanks !. Few comments :

4. Map Task Status onto Request for Change Status

Think you didn't put the right screenshot as it is not at all like this for me

For the rest, I assume that the project information information will appeared in my RfC when I will attached a SOLAR PROJECT to a PPM project, isn't it ?

Thanks in advance.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

4. Map Task Status onto Request for Change Status

Think you didn't put the right screenshot as it is not at all like this for me

No, that is the correct screenshot that I have attached. Pls see the below;

When I execute the IMG "Map Task Status onto Request for Change Status" I get below screen;

It's the same screenshot I appended in the blog;

For the rest, I assume that the project information information will appeared in my RfC when I will attached a SOLAR PROJECT to a PPM project, isn't it ?

Yes.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. sorry I was talking about the number 3 as I have this in my IMG :

For the rest, with your blog help, it seems that the integration is done. Nevertheless, I cannot test it as I have a bug on NWBC side as I cannot see the project and portfolio tab...

But that's another story and linked to PPM configuration itself I presume. Need to be investigated.

Thanks anyway for your help

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, that was my mistake. now I added the correct screenshot. Thanks !

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (0)