cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on use of multi-mappings in interface mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the following scenario :

1. XI receives a orders05 idoc - xml and does a first message map - splitting this xml into two - a lookup key msg type and a copy of orders05 msg type ( 1:n )

2. These two messages from the first mapping are used in a second message mapping ( of type multi-mapping too ) ( n:1) to create the final orders05 message.

3. These two message maps are put sequentially in the interface mapping.

orders05 -> MessageMapping1 -> MessageMapping2 -> orders05 . Please note that our objective is to send one single ORDERS05 idoc into the end R3 system - using the idoc adapter. The use of multi-mapping is in the interim - and not in the idoc adapter.

Issues:

a. the "ns0:Messages" and "ns:Message[n]" tags are not being created automatically.

b. In the interface determination we do not see the interface mapping when we select the 'enhanced' option.

Any ideas, pointers as to what I am missing here ? I am on a critical timeline to implement this and can't understand whats going wrong ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"b. In the interface determination we do not see the interface mapping when we select the 'enhanced' option"

for this ,can you please check the occurrences of Message types in MM as Chandra said and also in the Interface mapping occurences,then you should be able to see in Interface determination in ID with enhanced option.I did same mistake once.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1. first chaeck the occurance of message types in the message mapping .whether it is 1:N or not.do the appropriate interface mapping

2. Then in the Interface determination check the enhanced key and there you have to specify the interface mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also see the below link

Regards

Chilla

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I don't think you can use 1:N and N:1 mappings in one interface mapping....

solution

create two interface mappings and use one message mapping

per one

this way it will work for sure - did it many times

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Michal. One question - does the series of interface mappings still do what I am looking for - i.e does i2 ( intf mapping 2 ) take the target messages of i1 and act on it to produce the final target messages ? This means we are executing two muti-mappings in sequence using two interface mappings to execute one after the other ?

Karthik.M

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Michal,

I dont see why it shouldnt work, if you properly create (in first mapping program) the Split-And-Merge tags and remove them in 2nd program.

I dont see message mapping working here, but it should work with java and/or xslt mappings.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

In your suggestion - to use two interface mappings - how I can configure the two interface mappings as a part of a single interface determination so that they execute one after the other . Or is it two interface determinations - one for each interface mapping - how do I relate these two ?

Also, I assume that since the message mappings in the interface mappings are multimappings , I need to use enhanced interface determination .

Could you share one of the scenarios wherein you had two interface mappings execute in a series - ? Thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to execute the two interface mappings in succession - by using a BPM -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can use .

a. the "ns0:Messages" and "ns:Message[n]" tags are not being created automatically.

--In messages tab checkthe message occurrences .

b. In the interface determination we do not see the interface mapping when we select the 'enhanced' option

-- check the Interface mapping which was created for final one with two mappings , imean check the message type source and target msg in Interface mapping , in general , based these it will pouplate. if it is inbound the corresponding interfacs is selected in IM or not.

Regards

Chilla