cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fi certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I'm new to SAP & want to do certification in FI module. I would like to know what study materials are required for studies & how much time is needed to complete the certification ?

Waiting for early responses.

Thanks & Rgds*

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tariq Kath,

I believe you made a right decision by planning to do SAP certification. Since you are new to SAP I would suggest you taking Associate level exam which covers the fundamental knowledge required to be an SAP consultant.

• TFIN50, TFIN52, SM001, TERP01 and TERP21 are the main documents required for SAP FI Certification.
  • Please go thru these documents at least thrice, have a thorough understanding then you can make decision when you want to take the exam. Preparation depends on individual. With some technical capabilities and good understanding of Financial Accounting basics I would suggest at least 3months. It is mandatory to be a tech savvy and CPA. Having some technical knowledge will help you easily navigate thru the screens and also will help you give better understanding of TERP01/TERP21/SM001 and by have some Financial Accounting basics you can easily understand the whole process and excel in TFIN50/TFIN52.

You can find all the necessary study material/information on SAP Training and Certification Shop. You can even find few sample questions and register for your exam on the same website. Please emphasize on the topics that have +++

Also, you may have already done that if not please go thru other forums in SDN on the same topic. There are so many discussions and valuable information from our fellow members.

Hope this helps to kick start your preparation!

Good luck,

Priya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is our Training and Certification Shop .. you can find all certification and its related info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya, thanks for your quick response.

One of my friend has given me TFIN50 & TFIN52 are these books enough for preparation or i have to study with other books as well ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As TFIN50 and TFIN52 cover important topics you can start your preparation with these but you will need other books as well. You may pass the exam without the other books but you may not get good percentage. Besides exam, I believe that it is good to have better understanding on Solution Manager (SM001) and Business Processes in Financial Accounting (TERP01 and TERP21). These two topics are not covered in TFIN50 and TFIN52. Solution Manager (SOLMAN) is a standard platform for Application Lifecycle Management. It provides tools to monitor and streamline the process. Because of its uses most of the SAP customers have already implemented or either planning to implement Solution Manager. So by making your basics strong in all the topics will not only help you excel in the exam it will also give you confidence to perform well in the current competitive world.

All the best!

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.