cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PM or MM for a Mechanical Eng with Maintenance experience

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am a mechanical engineer from Pune . I passed out in 2012 and for the last 1.2 years I have been working in chemical company as a maintenance Engineer. I had a genuine interest in SAP since I elected subject PLM (Product Life cycle management)  in my final year engineering. Since then I have been trying to get into this area as a professional but couldnt do so due to high amount of fees. If anyone can , I have a list of doubts regarding the certification . I sincerely hope someone here can help me out.

1. Which SAP module should I choose , as ATOS and other institutes are asking me to go with PM .

2. After completing SAP PM , will I be stuck with plants and my opportunities will ceased as in comparison to  opportunities after completion of SAP MM  ?

3. ATOS has said that , they will provide a placement , how close they meet their word in case?

4. Is there any other institute better in terms of training and placements?

I am on the verge of resigning my current job for this , please suggest me appropriate.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can earn enough domain knowledge in the industry before getting into SAP. Better you continue in the current job for some more time. Then if you get in to the SAP, your experience will be considered valuable. Now if you go for certification and try for a job, you may still be considered as a fresher. Also you can't be sure of job assistance. They may arrange for interview, but may not guarantee.