cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sFTP adapter archiving faulty files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

we have a sFTP sender adapter in an exactly once in order scenario.

The adapter is configured to archive files successfully processed and not to archive faulty files.

In the integrated configuration validation for sender side is activated.

Now if a file is processed where sender validation failes, the file is archived and remains in the incoming directory because of EOIO.

Why is this faulty file archived?

How can we prevent the file from being archived?

Kind regards

Habib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

duplicate file checking did not solve the Problem.

Here are the screenshots of the CC configuration:

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Habib - The same thing is discussed and explained in the below blog

so just check your ICo configuration/ Global message staging config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

the parameter for BI step is configured to not store a message version... In my understanding this should be correct...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Habib

Try the below option in SFTP Sender channel.

Other than Archive directory in Advanced tab, you can create separate directory for faulty files and as per the below screen shot,  go to processing tab and check Archive faulty files and in provide the directory for the faulty files then you can see the faulty files in the faulty files directory.

Thanks,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am aware of this option, but what I want to achieve is, that faulty files are NOT archived.

As using EOIO they should just remain in the import directory and generate an alert.

This part is working, but other than expected the faulty file is also archived into the normal archiving directory.

KR
Habib

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

why dont you stop archiving faulty files so that the messages are stuck up in the queue to raise alert.

Did you tried this?

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I said before, configuration is as followed:

EOIO, archiving for successful messages ON, archiving of faulty message OFF

messages are stuck up in the queue and alert is raised, but messages are also archived.

I want to archive successful messages only and not the faulty messages which also remain in the queue.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Interesting, can you share the snapshot of your channel config?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try with Duplicate File checking option.So that files will remain inthe directory itself (if faulty)

Thanks

Durga