Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Standalone Log Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My question is about log viewing.

There is a log viewer to view logs on XI system :

<path of J2EE installation>/<SysID>/JC<nr>/j2ee/admin/logviewer-standalone/logviewer.bat

It works fine.

My problem is that I want to view the logs on a remote machine.

How can I do that ? Has anyone a step - by - step solution?

I have already downloaded the standalone_logviewer.zp file at the SAP Service Marketplace, but I don't know how it works. Do I have to execute the batch file logviewer.bat or the remoteserver.bat ? Which configuration do I have to do?

Thanks in advance,

Laurence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

have a look at the Logviewer_Userguide.pdf document in the logviewer-standalone folder, it explains how to use the logviewer remotely.

Basically there's a program called remoteserver.bat / remoteserver.sh, that has to be started in order to be able to access logs remotely.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had already read the pdf.

Now it's all right, without executing remoteserver.bat.

I have executed the logviewer.bat on my desktop and in File -> Configuration I added a J2EE connection to my XI server with port <P4> (50000 + SystemNr. * 100 +4), and it works.

Thanks everybody for the responses,

Laurence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this could be nice to see logs and trace:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/27/xi-netweaver-administrator--first-look--logs-traces

Hope this help

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's perfect, I can see all what I need in NetWeaver Administrator Logs and Traces.

Thanks a lot,

Laurence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the Visual Admin logs,

and also see the below links

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/07/xi-why-dont-start-searching-for-all-errors-from-one-place

ABAP mapping logs - more standard = better visibility - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/09/20/xi-abap-mapping-logs--more-standard-better-visibility

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward point if it s helpful..</i>