Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria + Apache Reverse Proxy enrollment failed

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question around enrolling a device on an on-premise Afaria installation when the Afaria server is protected by an Apache reverse proxy. In this instance we are enrolling an iOS device through the self service portal. We initiate enrollment however during the enrollment the device attempts to make a request to the INTERNAL hostname of the Afaria server rather than the externally facing IP of the SSP.

I've been through all the config and verified that the external IP/hostname is provided where it should be but it is still not working.

Afaria: 7 SP4

Reverse Proxy: Apache

Port 80 (for the moment)

Proxy is setup to relay the SSP, API and PS directories.

Anybody seen this before?

Thanks,

Brenton.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just found the answer to this - my Apache configuration was missing a very simple command (everything is simple once you find the answer )

On my reverse proxy configuration I forgot the following:

ProxyPerserveHost On

Hope that helps somebody out,

Brenton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stating the obvious but I assume that extra command simply passes through the host, so Apache is ghosted from the connection?

Cheers,

G.

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Got it in one - It makes sure that any request through Apache has the external host preserved in the response.

Cheers,

B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I still believe the problem is in the Afaria console configuration .

You can check create a enrollment code and INSPECT on enrollment code and check the URL.

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for replying - you are correct that the enrollment code URL may have been the cause if we had not set it correctly. In this case we had definately checked that but its a good one to check.

Thanks again,

Brenton.