Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central User Administration still supported ?

Former Member

We are wondering if we can still install Central User Administration as I understood it might not be supported anymore because SAP is pushing towards IDM.

However, IDM is a big effort to implement and CUA would be the quick and easy solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've seen recently customers to implement CUA for same reasons as you stated. I just checked and the latest version supports relatively new attribute "Security Policy". I think it was introduced after stating CUA is in maintenance mode only. So it looks like there are still small changes.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

CUA is still supported and we have CUA implemented.

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've seen recently customers to implement CUA for same reasons as you stated. I just checked and the latest version supports relatively new attribute "Security Policy". I think it was introduced after stating CUA is in maintenance mode only. So it looks like there are still small changes.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it would be interesting to see after about a year - what path did you choose and what is the result and your opinion.

I think implementing IdM is worth for the additional benefits it brings.

Here is document stating some of the benefits and why would an organization would gain migrationg to IdM

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/503dc178-bb53-2e10-079f-9f886d63c...

Cheers