cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new SAP ERP Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my small consulting firm we want to setup an ECC system in our lab to give Demo to our Business Objects customers.

So, here are my doubts:

If we would like to install IDES which is the latest version do you suggest to download.

Also, do you think, 400GB of Hard Disk should be sufficient enough for the ECC and Database Installation?

Which set of files i should download from Service Market Place under this path as i am finding quite a few of them which are confusing.

SAP ERP 6.0 -> Microsoft Windows -> Microsoft SQL-Server

Thanks,

Tilak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I believe I already answered your question a day ago here:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3514968

First read this SAP note

1761605 - IDES ERP 6.0 incl. EHP6

The download path and the hardware requirements and are mentioned in the SAP note.

You should also read the SAP note 799639 - IDES - General Information about the usage of IDES systems to understand the usage of the IDES systems.

1013702 - IDES BW 7.0 /SEM 6.0

If you have additional questions regarding integration with other Business Suite components then raise an OSS message under XX-IDES IDES

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I started reading the sap note. What kind of license should we need to download ides software?

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Welcome and the answer to your question is on the welome page of the below link.

http://service.sap.com/ides

Regards

RB

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need Test - Demo License for IDES from SAP.

Thanks

Siva

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

For IDES ERP 6.0 EHP6 installation refer SAP note 1761605 - IDES ERP 6.0 incl. EHP6

It has all the required information like installation DVDs, hardware requirement etc.

For MSSQL  DB size will be around 205 GB.

So for your case with 400 GB space you can have following break for the Drives

C:\ 50 GB ( OS + SWAP)

D:\ 250 GB ( MSSQL DB + Data)

E:\ 100 GB ( MSSQL log + SAP binaries)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Do you have any link for SAP  IDES installation guide Run Book which will have some step by step procedure. Could you please help.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

Refer SAP installation guide available on SAP service marketplace.

It has all the pre-requisites and installation guidance.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi tiak,

we would like to install IDES which is the latest version

You can find latest version of SAP IDES from below link.

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/support --> Installations and Upgrades - E" SAP ERP" SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE" EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0

IDES Version

Which set of files i should download from Service Market Place

click on IDES Version and  You can download files as per your requirement.

400GB of Hard Disk should be sufficient enough for the ECC and Database Installation?

400GB is enough space.

IDES is available with Oracle.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul, can i directly install EhP6 of SAP ERP. Is it a full install? or do i need to download ERP first and then EhP as an addon to the base pack?

And do you know if SAP provide any s/w bundle which will be installed on one machine and have both ECC and BW on the Netweaver so that from BOBJ i can connect to both.