Client Copy Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need your little guidance.

Let's say my BASIS Landscape is as below:

PEC Client 400

QEC Client 200

I want to copy PEC client 400 to QEC client 200 or basically refresh data from PEC client 400 to QEC client 200.

In the above process, I don't want to create another client 400 in QEC! I want to reuse client 200 in QEC.

Is it possible?

Please guide.

Amandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

If you want to retain the same client then you have two options:

1 - Perform a backup and restore of the database and do the post refresh activities. Once done do a local client copy. This is a time consuming process and also will increase the size of the database as there will be two clients with the same data. You will need more space at the file system level for the database to grow. Once the local client copy is done you can delete the source client. If the size of the source system is big then this will take days to complete the whole operation.

2 - Perform a client export and import. I don't think there is an explanation required for this. This is so far the best option from my point of view if you want to have the client 200.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Which method are you following ?

1.) Backup/Restore method

2.) Export/Import method

3.) Remote client copy

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amandeep,

want to copy PEC client 400 to QEC client 200 or basically refresh data from PEC client 400 to QEC client 200.

In the above process, I don't want to create another client 400 in QEC! I want to reuse client 200 in QEC.

Yes it is possible. You can use client export/import method using SAP_ALL profile.

You need to ensure that QEC system has enough space to accommodate PEC data.

Post client copy execute BDLS to change the logical system name in QEC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please let us know that what is the size of the client PEC 400?

If you do system copy using database method then you will get QEC400  run BDLS to convert all the entries pointing to PEC 400 --> QEC 400 and when all the post refresh tasks are done you can go for local client copy.

If the client is not huge you can do remote copy and see how it goes.

Hope both the system meet the client copy prequesit.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

You have to do refresh from PEC 400 to QEC 400, then local client copy from QEC 400 to QEC 200.

After local client copy, you have to delete the QEC 400 to get back the space.

What is your database ? I assume it as oracle. If you delete the QEC 400 you won't get the free space back. You have to reorganization of tablespace to get that free space.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu