cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project system Budget Needs to be Doubled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a issue in project system where we have to double our budget, if we need to run a settlement in the system.

For a example, if we have a budget of 100,000 and that is allocated to TWO sub WBS Elements as 50,000 each and when we want to run the settlement run it informs us that the budget is exceeded. So if we need to get the settlement run we have to allocate additional budget to the main WBS Element. But when we checked all the Purchases for the respective WBS, we find that the budget is not exceeded, but the settlement is checking for budget again in the main WBS Element.

This is the way our consultants have configured this and now they are no more in the company. Can any one ex-plane how we can fix this so that we don't need to allocate more budget to the main WBS Element.

Regards

Ruchendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchendra,

Have you checked the settlement rule ..It might be receiver as higher level wbs-element in lower level wbs-element.

For example:-

You maintained two 2nd level wbs-element below 1st level wbs with 50000 budget each.

Now you consumed budget and cost inc rued.

Now while settlement this cost moves to higher level wbs-elemnt bcoz of settlement rule.

Thats why it needs budget to cover up that cost.

Check this ..It might help you.

Thanks

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi..

besides the info mentioned above ....it would be helpful to let us know of the settlement you are trying to execute (sender, receiver...)

BR

Panagiotis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from above suggestions,

Execute tcode CJIC and check the columns Rem.val.cnt.cur. & Capitalized to AUC.

Rem.val.cnt.cur.: total actuals against a wbs

Capitalized to AUC: actuals, those have been capitalized on AUC

If in some line item, Rem.val.cnt.cur =X (some value) and Capitalized to AUC =0.0 then that X value needs to be capitalized on AUC.

Also run CJEN & CJBN before running settlement.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchendra,

Please execute report S_ALR_87013558 and look for assigned and available cost/budget.

Assigned cost will be a total of actual+commitment cost and commitment cost can be seen by CJI3 report.

By executing the above processes, you will be able to know how much your budget has been consumed against allocated budget which will surely give you a clear picture.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Sorry to bug you like this but that is not my question. Let me enplane to like this.

Main WBS = 100,000

Allocated this budget to TWO sub WBS Elements

SUB WBS 01 = 50,000

SUB WBS 02 = 50,000

so when you use the full budgets in both WBS Elements and execute the settlement run it says that the budget in Main WBS Element should be set as 200,000.

why is this? settlement run need 200,000 to settle the accounts. I need t know what is the issue in the logic that makes the system behave like this.

Regards

Ruchendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchendra,

Can you please provide the screen shot error at the time of settlement.?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchenrda,

Check first budget profile which combination they have maintianed i.e all type of trnascation or PR ,PO level and all then the budget report tables bpja,bpge

if everything is correct try allocate the budget CJ31

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Thanks for the quick response.

I need to enplane, I dont want to allocate more budget to the Main WBS Element as I explained above, I have allocated the Budget in the main WBS element to the TWO sub WBS Elements. What I need to know is why I need to double the Budget in the Main WBS Element to complete the, settlement run.

I checked the Budget Profile in (SPRO -> Project System -> Costs -> Budget -> Maintain Budget Profiles) but I am unable to find any settings related to PO or PR. can you be more specific as I am totally new to this module.

Regards

Ruchendra