Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading EVENT_ID from post_exit mehod

former_member205842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a req that i want to read event_id of on action button in portal in my post_exit to write logic ...please help how to read event id of button. i assign event id and everything but am not getting how to read event id and write logic in my post_exit method.Am trying to use this code in post_exit method but am getting error as io_event is unknown please help me to solve this. this  is my code.

data : lv_action_id type string.

lv_action_id = io_event->get_string( 'BTN_CORPORATE' ).

Regards

Syed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

In which case you are asking about the event handler. Are you talking about at feeder class level or is it a WDA related component, explain in detail.

If you are dealing with FPM then make sure your code is placed in PROCESS_EVENT.

Thanks and regards,

B.Homeswara Prasad.

former_member205842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

AM working on FPM_OIF_COMPONENT component, am written code on post_exit of ONACTIONBUTTON_PRESSED() method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Syed,

Here there is small clarification required you told you are working on FPM_OIF_COMPONENT. Can you explain why you are trying to enhance the standard component instead of Component configurations.

Thanks and regards,

B.Homeswara Prasad.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Hope you are using the post exit of method BUTTON_PRESSED in component controller and you can read the button id as below

i.e. go to methods tabl of component controller and crete POST_exit for method BUTTON_PRESSED

----------------------------

Also, another way of doing the same ....

•      Create an action "ON_CORP" in view CNR_VIEW and assign the action to onAction of your button "BTN_CORPORATE"
  • Now in event handler method "ONACTIONON_CORP, you can write logic to open popup window

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member205842
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ram,

I have written ur code but am getting error  that io_event is unknown .please check it.

Regards

Syed

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Well, you have written the code in post_exit of ONACTIONBUTTON_PRESSED !!!!!,

Then this method does not have io_event but its having WDEVENT.

DATA lv_id TYPE string.

wd_event->get_data(
  EXPORTING name = 'ID'
    IMPORTING value = lv_id ).

CASE LV_ID.

WHEN 'BTN_CORPORATE'.

"write your logic here

WHEN OTHERS.

ENDCASE.

Hope this resolved your issue.

Regards,

Rama

former_member205703
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

You will have to use GET_NAME method for this.Your code should be like this.

data: lv_event_name type STRING.

lv_event_name = wdevent->GET_NAME( ).

Thank's

Amol