cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to left align label text which has the special character at the end?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

In my web dynpro layout I've given label text as "Name of Author(s)" with text direction property as 'rtl'. I want the text to be printed as left aligned. But it shown in the screen as "(Name of Author(s".

I also tried the text direction property as "ltr" and 'inherit'. For this setting, text is printed as "Name of Author(s)" with right alignment.

But i want to print the text with left alignment. please help me to fix the issue guys.

For your reference please find the attached screen shot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a quick fix, please set the width in LAYOUT DATA  of LABEL ui element to 1px or any size as below

Now, the label aligns at left for any text direction - inherit, ltr, rtl

Hope this resolves your issue.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram,

Tanq for your reply. This is not the matter of length. I've already tried 30ex or px. But still the label text which ends with special characters are no displayed as how I want it to be shown on the screen.

If you see screenshot P3.jpg, other label text which are lengthier than the text ends with special characters are displayed fully. for those fields I did not give any width.

Thanks,

K.Safiq.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope, you didn't get my point, no need to set the text direction for your labels, instead, you set the width of LAYOUT to 1px for those labels which are not aligned properly

Please check the below snap shot for your reference... here i tried the example of yours and it works fine

Set the TEXT_DIRECTION of all labels to "Inherit"

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram,

Tanq for your reply. It was very helpful.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome

Answers (0)