cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to execute a simple java webdynpro application without deploying?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a beginner and just have created an elementary java webdynpro application that enables to switch between two views. When I tried to execute the application it prompts me to configure server settings(above screenshot).Is there a way to test the working of my app without deploying in server.

regards,

Ajeeth Kumar S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajeeth,

You always have to deploy your Web Dynpro Java application on server to check the output.

You can check following document for better understanding .

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/5f/af6e420c48c353e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Thanks & Regards,

patralekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi patralekha,

Is it possible to test my web dynpro application by mapping it to a role and execute through portal without deploying in server in NWDS.If yes, how ?

regards,

Ajeeth Kumar S

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi buddy, what's the concern of deploying your code?

our answer is still not clear to u?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

Because without deploying, it doesn't allow me check how my java webdynpro application works!!

I  need to execute my java web dynpro application and I dont have any access to SDM pins/passwords.

Please share your valuable thoughts on the same.

regards,

Ajeeth Kumar S

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As said before, you need to deploy, that is what the dev server is meant for

former_member200477
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeeth,

If you have to expose your webdynpro application as a role in portal, then you have to deploy the webdynpro application first. If you have access to the portal, you can deploy your application to portal.

Thanks,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Navya Krishna,

Are you right but he d't have portal server.

tanks&Regards

Antony.A

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi buddy,

without portal server you are not able to deploy any webdynpro java application.

tanks&Regards

Antony.A