cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh WD from a different WD ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have WD called "zwd1" which in the main view i am executing another WD called "zwd2", is there a way to update/refresh zwd1with the data i m updating? i want to run refresh to the window of a different wd with a different controller.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Elad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kroly_horvth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the ZWD1 context node you want to modify as interface node, then use the ZWD1 inside the ZWD2 component, then you can update the context node inside ZWD2. Once updated it will be updated in the ZWD1 component too.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

to update / refresh, you either use direct interface methods, interface events or binding between contexts. Or maybe I did not understand what does refreshing mean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i ent is that i want to update a session from a different session

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a scenario for AJAX, or simply some other technology, not specifically easy-to-create in WD4A. One way could be using a combination of timer element (periodicaly check for a change somewhere) and shared memory / singleton class as the change / data holder. Maybe even a periodical select statement in the timer event would do its job too. It depends, what exactly you need to do in your refresh.

But in most cases WD4A is not successful in those requirements. Is WD4A your only technology pick? Can you consider BSP with some javascript?

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

when you are calling different component

1. calling in different session

2. calling in the same component, based on the on the condition

Hope you will be getting the updated data.

For eg:

incase if you are updating some data in session 1 and if  you are expecting updated data to be displayed in new session, then you have to refresh the session.

Can you elaborate your issue ?

Thanks & Regards,

Sankar Gelivi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am calling a different WD and it open in a different session .

How can i refresh a session AUTOMATICLY from a different session ?

Thanks

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

I think its better if you elaborate your requirement in detail.

Hope you are trying to open ZWD2 from ZWD1 and when do you want to refresh Zwd1's controller?

Regards,

Rama