cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate Material Substitution without access to VB11/12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to automate Material Substitution without access to VB11 or VB12.  We are currently having to manually link UPCs to new Material Codes when stock on the old code is depleted.  I have read that using Z2SKU1 will allow this, but have been unsuccessful in implementing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Drake

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a thought.

Ask the user to maintain the required material code in material master against the field "Old material number".  Now as and when user creates a sale order for those materials, with USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT in the program MV45AFZZ, you can force the system to determine the old material code.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Without having access to VB11/VB12 this wouldn't be possible to change material subsitution/determination. Why would you want to do it without VB11/VB12? Where did you read that it is possible with Z2SKU1?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for the response.  I don't believe that VB11/12 was built into our capabilities during setup.  We have been searching for a workaround and another region's Business Expert mentioned that this might work. Any ideas for a workaround?