cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDMS and logging in PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Please provide your inputs on below. Before posting the question here I already read various blogs but did not really get some concrete solution.

Requirement: To Extract the fields from payload in UDMS in various scenarios and alerting to keep track of of the failed messages.

UDMS: Configuration is as per the blogs available.

I want to use UDMS in various scenarios like:

1) IDOC To File (Async) : Using Xpath

2) SOAP to Proxy (Synchronous) : Using Xpath

3) File To File (Pass thru) : Using dynamic header.

4) File To File (Translation) : Using Xpath or Dynamic Header

Currently UDMS configuration is working for 3rd scenario using dynamic header and 4th scenario using XPATH.

But this configuration is not at all working in case of IDOC To File and SOAP To Proxy.

Please suggest if any thing else needs to be configured in logger settings or any settings are required by Basis to capture the UDMS for all scenarios.

Thanks,

Vertika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika -

But this configuration is not at all working in case of IDOC To File

>>> IDOC to File should work. May be cross check the xpath configuration. You can refer to the below document too..

SOAP To Proxy(sync)

I thought UDMS only supports async interfaces but i came across the below blog. So see if it helps anyway..

(PI) User-defined search functionality for synchronous messages - Technology Troubleshooting Guide -...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mini and Hareesh for reply.

Its working or IDoc to File and failed synchronous messages.

The issue was with XPath and namespaces.

Can you please provide inputs for below also:

1. Whenever we configure UDMS, the indexing job needs to be started and completed in order to get the UDMS for older messages also. I suppose this activity is required only once when we configure the UDMS and it would not be required every time whenever we (support team) want to search for logs.
  2. How the transport of UDMS is controlled? Is UDMS a transportable object or we should manually create UDMS in each environment?

Thanks,

Vertika

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Indexing is required if you want to search for more duration. It is mentioned in the blog.

2. It is not transportable. You have to configure manually.

Regards,

Muni.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

UDMS will work for all the adapter adapters. It works bases on the xml using Xpath.

If possible can you please share xml and Xpath you are using?

Below one has Idoc UDMS.

Regards,

Mini.