cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Registering the Introscope Agent to EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install IS agent for Tomcat server on Windows machine and connecting to Solution Manager EM for monitoring. But I could not see any Tomcat Agent on EM or log files for Agent on Tomcat server. Please suggest what is missing.

Steps I have performed are:

1. Downloaded the IS agent SAR and uncar to c:\usr\sap\ccms on Tomcat server.

2. edit the IS agent tomcat specific profile "IntroscopeAgent_tomcat.profile" with EMhost and port and agent name etc.

3. Added the below parameters in catalina.bat & catalina.sh script (tomcat start scripts)

-javaagent:C:/usr/sap/ccms/wily/Agent.jar

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=C:/usr/sap/ccms/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent_tomcat.profile

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agent.agentName=JB

4. then restarted the Tomcat service.

Same issue for Linux machine (followed same procedure)

But I don't see any logs in agent folder or in EM. Please suggest, what is missing.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bala2104
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please make below change .

in the setenv.sh/setenv.bat file located at */businessobjects/sap_bobj/tomcat/bin folder

InstrumentWithIntroscope=true

Then in  */businessobjects/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/java/wily

provide the the EM server and port name in the introscopeagent_tomcat.profile file .

Restart Tomcat service .

Let me know if it works .

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

the mentioned parameter already set. here pleae find setevn.sh file entries under java_opt

InstrumentWithIntroscope=true

-javaagent:/usr/sap/ccms/wily/Agent.jar

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=/usr/sap/ccms/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent_tomcat.profile

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agent.agentName=devbo

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agent.agentName=devbo_8080

can you please let me know if any additional parameters to be mantained in catalina.sh

Regards,

Anil Chiliveri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

it is fixed. solution in my case is, i have copied agent files under <BOE INST_DIR>/enterprise_xi40/java instead of /usr/sap/ccms

Regards,

Anil Chiliveri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agent got registered with EM for Tomcat now. But the issue remains same for Linux by adding the JVM parameters in CATALINA.SH file. Please suggest if we need to add the JVM parameters some where else in Linux.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ajay,

is this issue is fixed for you? i am facing same problem, even after maintaining JVM parameters in catalina.sh unable to start wily agent along with tomcat.

Note: we dont have wily EM in our landscape.

Regards,

Anil