cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Learn Now space moderation

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just wanted to bring this to the attention of Moderator community - is anyone aware of the content posted in SAP Learn Now space? It seems many new SCN members misunderstand its purpose as "post any random basic SAP question here". In case it does get moderated here is a sample of what is being posted there:

Looks like not much traffic (and therefore "community moderation") in that space. Considering the low number of posts that are actually relevant to learning (even remotely), is this space actually needed? We already have Career Center for "how to become..." questions.

Thank you.

P.S. Special thanks to my "brother-in-initials" Former Member for bringing this up.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Grzegorz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanks for paying attention to the content posted in this space.

I am going to maderate it stronger now as we are introducing the SAP Learn Now mobile learning app as the mobile and offline player for any content from the Learning Hub.

Thanks,

Greg

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz Posyniak

Do you have anyupdate on changing the space name? I highlight many threads and still people are posting in SAP Learn Now Space and most of them are newbies. You need to take a loot again in this page.

Thank$

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Grzegorz, thank you for a reply! Glad to see many irrelevant items already removed from the space.

Steve had a great suggestion above - that space should be strictly about "Learn Now" app, otherwise with such vague definition it's still open to any posts. Also maybe renaming it as 'SAP Learn Now Application' will further clarify its purpose.

Thanks again!

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh yes, renaming the space to make it clearer that an actual product is meant, is also a great idea!

Grzegorz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jelena and Steffi, I will discuss with my SP Learn Now - mobile learning colleagues. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actions have been taken against my Alert Moderator actions in SAP Learn. Thank you Jelena.

Thank$

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to agree. The space is described like this:

The community serves as an ongoing extension to SAP Education formal learning. You are invited to ask questions, share your knowledge with others on all kinds of SAP learning topics

Isn't this pretty much SCN? What is the point is having so many spaces with very specific, focussed topics, and then a space where you can ask anything about anything?

Shouldn't the Learn Now space be just for questions about the Learn Now app?

Steve.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I went to the People tab of the Learn Now space

There is a space editor but no moderators

I am hoping or or can assist

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think the text ist meant as "You are learning SAP and don't understand something? Ask here!". I think, they are talking about asking questions and sharing knowledge about the topics regarding the learning tools SAP provides.

At least that is what I understand. *g* But I guess, it can be pretty misleading. Maybe the description should be made alot clearer (not that most of the members posting there have ever read the space description, I bet).

When I look at the topics there, maybe it would be easier to go "tabula rasa" and just start fresh. Right now, that place is a mess. And I don't think anybody would miss any discussion, that is currently in that space. Maybe then the space can be used again for what it is meant and poor Greg here is not going through abuse reports half of his day. ^^

Regards,

Steffi.