cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can AII/OER communicate with ERP if both are in same system ?

denise_carew4
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have an ERP 6 EHP7  system with SAP AII/OER.   How can ERP communicate with AII/OER ?  Is PI/XI still required ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @Denise Carew,

One of the deployment options for SAP AII is that it can be installed as an add-on on the SAP ECC system. Not sure if deploying OER on the same box as SAP ECC has been an SAP approved/suggested deployment.

When you say "I have an ERP 6 EHP7  system with SAP AII/OER" does that mean you have SAP AII component and SAP EM component installed at two different stages or has OER(AII+EM) been purposefully installed on SAP to be used as your enterprise repository?

When AII is installed as an add-on to SAP ECC it will have access to the master data (like Product/Material master, corresponding GTINs, etc). There is no need to communicate this master data.

But if you need to use "Secure Track and Trace" scenario in SAP OER then SAP PI is a mandatory software component. (Please refer to SAP AII 7.1 Master Guide section 2.4,Software Component Matrix, and other follow-on sections that explains this).

Regards,

Bharat Vaka.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen system where AII is within ERP system & OER as separate box. For this we have PI in between ERP & OER system.

But if both AII/OER in a same box then this might not require a PI.

denise_carew4
Explorer
0 Kudos

if not PI then how do the communicate ?

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the standard only PI communication can be used (EPCIS compliance). If you want to establish direct communication between ERP -> OER or AII -> OER, you have to take care of this yourself. On EM side you would have to create an RFC as a copy of FM /SAPTRX/EM_HIGHVOL_PTA_CAPTURE. Also the mapping that normally takes place on PI has to be done by you then.

Best regards, Daniel