Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service to RFC ICO Scenario

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to implement a Web Service --> PI --> RFC in SAP PI 7.3 with an Integrated Configuration Scenario and using Web Service Security. Is that possible??

I have tried a sender communication channel WS and I can not use in my ICO.

With SOAP sender communication channel I can use it in my ICO, but it doesnt allow me to validate with user/password.

I've got another question, do I have to create a Sender Agreement and publish it in SR??

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

WS adapter is on ABAP stack and you can not use the ICO for WS adapter.

If you create pipe line steps then you need to create sender agreement and publish to SR is optional.

regards,

Harish

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish.

Do you know if I use SOAP adapter, when the external application call my web service, will it have to send user/pass (then I can validate them with my users in UME)?

Thanks again.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Yes external partner needs user id and password to invoke PI web service or send data to PI.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add -

The user must be assigned one of the following roles SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER, SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER, SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE, SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE. Assigning any one of these roles to the user provides necessary permissions for the user to access the SOAP adapter servlet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - With SOAP sender communication channel I can use it in my ICO, but it doesnt allow me to validate with user/password

>>>Your partner has to provide the credentials inorder to invoke the webservice provided by PI.

I've got another question, do I have to create a Sender Agreement and publish it in SR

>>>When you create ICo, there won't be any sender agreement but you can directly publish it from ICo.

(Integrated Configuration -> Publish into SR)

Its not mandatory to publish in the service registry but it's a good practise. All you need to do is share the wsdl with your partner.

Whe they try sending the request message using the wsdl, it'll ask for the credentials where you need to provide the user which exists in PI with proper authorizations..

And you can not use WS adapter incase of ICo.