Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP's Operational Process Intelligence vs. Event Management

joachim_rupp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My company is evaluating the two topics  Operational Process Intelligence (OPInt) and  Event Management (EM).

Can someone ( on a high level ) explain to me what the difference is between the two  or  whether they can add to each other.

We evaluate a tool ( tool-set ) to track and track events like  in logistics processes  as well as  other processes.

On top of that Dashboards should be created to provide Business Management with Key Figures and Metrics.

My further question would be  do we need OPInt  or can we build  process monitoring dashboards just on a EM foundation.

I appreciate any input on that ( like doc's, links, etc. ).

Have a great day,

Jo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
joachim_rupp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Thanks a lot for the information.

Since we are in a VPS (Value Partnership) program with SAP I had a couple more discussions on that topic and we got the information we need to proceed with this topic.

Take care,

Jo.

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Joachim, would you like to share what you uncovered because this is still not clear to me. SAP EM with Smart Business can do a lot of what OPInt can do and a lot more. On the other hand SAP OPInt has the neat tie in to SAP HANA but that seems to be the only advantage...

joachim_rupp
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Sorry about the late reply.

Here what SAP replied to me:

Statement from Harshavardhan Jegadeesan (SAP): 

"We are working on an official presentation. For now we can send an executive summary:

1  SAP Event Management is a track & trace solution in the Supply Chain space.

SAP Operational Process Intelligence is a native HANA solution for operational intelligence and process management.

2  Both solutions are complimentary and can help customers gain visibility, manage by exceptions and ensure business processes are running as per plan.

3  SAP will support to extend track & trace scenarios built with SAP Event Management seamlessly with operational intelligence, predictive

analytics, real-time analytics and KPIs, business situation detection with business rules and remedial actions with SAP Operational Process Intelligence in HANA."

Our Company is still in the process of gathering Business Requirements. Once that is completed we will decide which route to go.

Maybe both, i.e. utilizing EM for certain functions  and  OpInt  for others  according to business needs.

Cheers,

Jo.

Answers (0)