cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI Time format when using Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a WEBI report built on a universe that uses a BW query as a datasource.

In my BW report I have two time key figures of type DEC.

Actual Time and Scheduled Time in format HH:MM:SS or -HH:MM:SS if it is a negative value. It works well in Bex.

There is a Universe report built on top of this report and my WEBI report is built on the universe.

When I run the WEBI report the time key figures display in the format 10,000 instead of 01:00:00. It is obviously doing some type of internal conversion and outputting the wrong result.

Is there a way to convert the field in BO so that it outputs the same as Bw format?

I have tried changing the universe format properties of the field from Number to Character and back again but it does not give me any different result and in some cases it displays as #DataType.

Any suggestions welcome.

BO Version 3.1

BW Version 7.01

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Even we came across same issue, We resolved it by implementing custom date/time formats at webi level.

Please find below screenshot for reference.

It might be helpful.

Regards,

Samatha B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a variable at universe level and use this variable see if it helps

to_timestamp( (@Prompt('Enter Date:','D','Date',mono,Free,Persistent)),'DD-Mon-YYYY HH:MI:SS ' ))

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can able to change Actual Time and Scheduled Time according to your requirement using create custom display format in the Business layer. 

Please find the below link.....for how to create custom display format

http://scn.sap.com/community/semantic-layer/blog/2014/04/18/bi41-business-layer-enhancements--create...