cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Addon Support package (ST-A/PI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our Earlywatch report is shouting about needing to upgrade ST-A/PI.

So I've used Maintenance Optimizer to download the package, placed it in EPS/in and un-carred the file.

Then I've then gone to SPAM and tried "Support Package > Load Package > from Application Server"

I've then gone to Display/Define and select component ST-A/PI with the following results:

"No Support Package found for this selection"

I have then tried to Upload from Front End instead of Application Server, with the same results.

I've raised a call with SAP but as usual it's now been 4 days without so much as a change in status so I'm hoping someone on here may have an idea.

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

After downloading package place it in /usr/sap/trans, give permissions and change the owner ---> login as sidadm and uncar the .sar file then uncarred files will be in /EPS/in by default.

then go to SPAM > "Support Package > Load Package > from Application Server" . Please try in this way.

Regards,

Thirupathi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok guys, thanks for the replies.  I haven't given you enough information.

Let me try fill in some gaps.

The result after I selected Load from App Server is to show me the .PAT file and tell me in the message text that:  "OCS file already exists in Inbox.  Upload not required"

However, if I select "Display" when "New Support Packages" is selected in SPAM, I see nothing with a note at the bottom stating "No OCS Packages found for this selection"

Maintenance Optimizer seemed to want me to select components I did not want to patch. I had a total of 110 files added to my download basket to download the one file I needed!

That file was titled "Servicetools for other App./Netweaver 04s"

I've already installed the ST-A/PI addon using SAINT.  This recommendation is to install Support Package SP02 for ST-A/PI.

The recommendation also appears if I run RTCCTOOL in SA38 as well.

I definitely have the correct permissions to run this and, for the record, I have both the .SAR file and the "uncarred version" sat in EPS/in.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

What you see  "Display" >>  ALL support Packages ???

The ST-A/API is there ? If it shows here, you can follow " Queue ..".

Regards,

Eddie

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Netweaver version needs the new ST-A/PI and what version of ST-A/PI did you download?  I think you have the wrong component downloaded.

Example you downloaded a 7.0x version of ST-A/PI and the system EPS/In folder you placed it in is a 7.3 system, then SPAM shouldn't show anything as you don't have a valid 7.3 version of ST-A/PI. 

Another thing to try, in SPAM display all support packs, then click the double up arrows on the sap gui menu bar within SPAM to collapse all the components, and verify the ST-A/PIs.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daer Paul,

First you can check in transaction SAINT ST-A/PI add-on installed or not ..if not you have install base package for this addon ST-A/PI by using  SAINT transaction.

then update in SPAM.

for example: Solman 7.1

SAPKITAS1H   Application Servicetools for SolMan 7.0-7.1

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Please check if you have placed all ST-PI/API packed in correct trans/EPS/in directory.  And also make sure that file system have correct permission for respective sidadm.

Regards,

Shiva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

What was the result for "Support Package > Load Package > from Application Server" ? It usually show us the package loaded.

Next If I could see the package, before you choose, follow the steps

SPAM >>New Support Packages >> Display.

Again it should show the ST-A/PI packages.

Do you unpack the files  ? 

In unix environment you need to adjust the permission and owners too.

Please tell me more about it.

Regards,

Eddie

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Could you please provide some more information.

"Our Earlywatch report is shouting about needing to upgrade ST-A/PI."
What is the current release and SP level of ST-A/PI and what is your target release and SP level
for ST-A/PI . What packages are downloaded and uncarred in ../EPS/in/ directory.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Gaurav Pandey