cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry: Edit Property from List View when scanning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

i have a detail screen with a list view. The List View shows a collection with orders. The order properties are orderNumber, orderStatus and some other details. In the List View i create a single match action for the list view scanner. The property column orderNumber is set to scanner can filter on this column. So if i scan a orderNumber from the List View my match action starts.

In the action i want to set the orderStatus from the matched order to a new status. Example: i scan the order with orderNumber 001 and his orderStatus is "new". Then the orderStatus should set to "in process".

I try to create a SubActionStep for the single match action that have a transaction step and a apply step. In the transaction step i want set the orderStatus object. But i don't know how i can set a new value to the orderStatus property.

Please help me with this.

André

PS: my TransactionStep:

and my transaction: 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

André,

In your transaction you will need to also have a property that maps to the Object -> OrderStatus property.  For the initial value of the property you will select Rule - Before Data Entry and then create your rule to return what the status should be set to when the transaction runs. 

Then when you Apply the transaction in your Scan Match action the value will be updated on the client.  If you also want to update the status in the Backend system you will also need an Update rule as Emanuel mentions to change the status of the Order in the backend system.

Hope this helps!

--Bill

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi André,

In order to modify the orderStatus property, you should create an update step in the transaction you have already created.

In this update step you should define all the logic you want to perform.

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel,

i think the update step in the transaction is for update the server object. But what is when i am in offline mode. The status from the property should change at once and not after download the object from the backend?

Thanx,

André

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi andré,

The Update step is to update the Backend data (the status the work order has in the backend).

If you need to see the screen property with a new value in the screen, set a "Before Data Rule" into the "Initial Value field" as "Bill Froelich" mentioned.

Best Regards,

Emauel