Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes not getting reflected in back end system due to Authorization check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a situation that a person could do all the changes needed for another person from portal but the same is not getting reflected in Back end R3 system. For example X is the manager of Y, in this case X could change Y's mail id, exit date, etc., from Portal without any issue but it is not getting reflected in the back end R3 system. The changed data is not being saved in back end. Can any one help me with this on what needs to be done. Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunkumar

if you can login in the backend with manager user details, try to repeat the activity and see if it works (if it doesn't, just run SU53 after the changes), otherwise trace with st01 (authorization flag only) the linked manager backend user and check the return codes

Let me know if you need further details

cheers

a

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunkumar

if you can login in the backend with manager user details, try to repeat the activity and see if it works (if it doesn't, just run SU53 after the changes), otherwise trace with st01 (authorization flag only) the linked manager backend user and check the return codes

Let me know if you need further details

cheers

a

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem here is that we are not getting any errors while doing the changes, it is being done successfully. The problem is that it is not getting updated in the back end system. So even if I run SU53 I cannot find any missing authorization object. It seems that when any change is being made it checks for AO02 relationship. So is it possible to restrict AO02 relationship by any authorization object ? Kindly let me know how this can be done.

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please check with BASIS team or Portal admin team. Seems Connector settings issue or Synchronization issue(jobs).

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your help ! Will the portal roles also be responsible for this ? As another person who is having the same authorization in back end is able to do this successfully but that person is having a particular portal role in addition. So will this portal role be the reason for this AO02 relationship check ?

0 Kudos

In portal also user should have the proper access(User admin rights) and also check the communication user access ABAP and UME config, and also check the is UME is source system or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Regarding this we found that this whole thing works when the user's user group is changed to Dialog from CPIC_USER.

Even if we change the user group the authorization will be the same, so I don't understand why there is no restriction when the user group is Dialog.

Can any one comment on this please ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Ive been busy lately with sps upgrade on my client but i was keeping an eye on this thread

I believe the user group is rarely used, but for some things it's linked to authorization process

Real question is why you assigned that group to your user and last but not least are you really talking about usergroup or usertype?

let me know

cheers

a

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Thanks ! I tried after changing both User group as well as user type which you can find in logon data tab in SU01.

Kindly let me know why this user group change is restricting data getting saved in back end.

0 Kudos

It is probably something which is hardcoded?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

It is just the user type which is making the difference, the user group change is not having any effect in this issue.

Can any one tell me the difference between User group and user type ? as this is what is making the difference. Thanks !

0 Kudos

Hi Arun

i believe