cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM-PP interface - transfer order not created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Got a question: we are using the WM-PP interface to pick materials for a production order from a WM managed storage location.

We've setup the Production Supply Area and Control Cycles and did the necessary customizing in a way that the transfer requirement and transfer order are automatically generated upon production order release. This process usually works fine, however since this week we see that the transfer order is not automatically generated in several cases. We have to manually push the TO-creation via LB13 instead.

I can't find any reason for this behaviour, we didn't make any relevant changes to the system but apparantly TO's are "suddenly" not created automatically anymore. Has anyone experienced the same issue, and is there are solution for this?

Thanks & regards,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

JL23
Active Contributor

Haven't you setup the mail notifications for auto PO creation failures? such mail could give you more insight into the root cause.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I have same issue in PRD , did you get any clue what is missing. In my case in Q it is working fine with same data but PRD the TO is getting failed, I have no idea what is missing all master data it set up correctly.

Help me if you have answer for this ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls check the producntion schedule profile details in IMG settings. There you get an option of TO creation automatically or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is done it has TR and TO creation on release of Producation order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the moment I'm working for another customer so I'm not able to check if it's currently working. However, I have not been able to find a root cause for this issue at that time. I still think this is not related to customizing, but that the system is simply blocking itself somewhere in the process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your quick reply.

former_member207488
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Did you get any solution for this, I also have the same problem. For a production order, there are few components for which transfer order is not created, but the transfer requirement is in processed status with no update of transfer order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

When I process them manually at a later stage, I don't have to enter any additional data. Just go into LB13, flag the TRs and click TO in background.

My only guess is that the TO can't be created because the system is "blocking" itself, and is therefore not able to complete the TO creation in the background. Would that make sense?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you stepped up Production so that there are more transactions passing through the interface?Have you tried SM12 to see if you are getting any lock entries ?? If you are, you might want to have a look at OMJI and check if you are set up for Exclusive block or Late exclusive block.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

@ Jurgen: I have setup mail notifications, but I don't see any messages. It looks like SAP simply does not try to create a transfer order in the first place.

@ Bala: yes this has been checked. Actually I'm part of the project team so any changes would have been done by myself most probably. Anyway, no changes made to this part of the system.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Oliver

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you later process the TRs from LB13, do you then have to enter any value manually or can just just click enter and save and everything is well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Have checked any new changes are implimented in your system and which might cause your interface issue.

Thanks,

Bala.