cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see the messages processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In SXMB_MONI i am able to see the messages(sucessfully processed, error, stuck in queues) which are processed today.

Even if i change the from date and time, i cannot see messages processed during the month (30 days).

1) If settings has to be changed at admin level, where to set those parameters

2)  Upto how many days the data will be in SAP PI without archiving.

3) Can we see the messages which were processed 30 days before

4) Can we monitor the same in RWB

In which table, the logs will be stored in SAP PI ?

Regards

Koti Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Plz check the below link for XI Tables:

XI Tables - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Mutti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran

The below mentioned parameters in PI system (ABAP abap stack).

Step1.T-code:SXMB_ADM-->Parameter Name:XPI Adapter: XI

key Name                           -                                   Default value    -   Modified value 

xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default  - 86400000(One day)   -  2592000000(30 days)

xiadapter.outbound.persistDuration.default - 86400000(One day)   - 2592000000(30 days)

Step2.T-code:SXMB_AD-->    Parameter Name:XPI Service: Messaging System

key Name   -                                Default value   - Modified value

messaging.auditLog.memoryCache       -     TRUE           -     FALSE

Note: PI server needs to be restarted.

regards,

Mutti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mutti,

I cannot navigate to the screen/path to add the parameters. Can u plz provide the navigation

Also which tables stores the processed messages (payload) ?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Those are some question i would also like to get answered too but i can tell you something

1 - Those settings need to be changed by SAP PI . Check SXMB_ADM

2- At SXMB_MONI we can see assync messages older than 6 months (if no deletion is set or if retencion period is long enough). Sync messages are not stored except if they have errors.

3 - Maybe the messages where archived and you can find it in the message monitor (runtime workbench) using the "from archive option". If deletion had occured i would say you cant recover them.

4 - At PI message monitor (runtime workbench) you can see the same information.

I was writing this at the same the previous posts and thats why some information may be duplicate.

Hope i could help

Miguel

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

1) If settings has to be changed at admin level, where to set those parameters

Message retention is set in SXMB_ADM. Please refer the below links for configuration.

2)  Upto how many days the data will be in SAP PI without archiving.

By default the retention of successful message is 2 days and failed message is 7 days. but you can change the setting for all interfaces or particular interface.

3) Can we see the messages which were processed 30 days before

If message are archieve then it needs to check in archive message.

4) Can we monitor the same in RWB

Yes, same can be monitor in RWB message monitoring.

reference

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Archiving+messages+on+Integration+Engine

Troubleshooting for Archive and Delete on Integration Engine - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Synchronous messages cannot be archived and only asynchronous messages can be archived.

Let me know..... if a message is processed by PI, will it store the entire message along with payload ?

Regards

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

Synchronous messages cannot be archived and only asynchronous messages can be archived.

Let me know..... if a message is processed by PI, will it store the entire message along with payload ?

Regards

Koti Reddy

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

you can configure the logging of synchronous message and can configure the logging for extended time period (2 days is default and you can increase that). But I am not sure if they can archive.

regards,

Harish