Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while generating HTML

max_rosn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have ran into a really strange problem:

- I have a datasource where I have about 20 different key figures.

- In Design Studio, the initial view is set to show 5 of these. A crosstab is assigned to the datasource and everything works fine so far.

Here's the strange part:

- As soon as I assign a chart to this datasource, Design Studio throws an error (see picture below). It does not matter which chart type the chart has. However, if I remove one specific key figure, everything works fine. I can also replace this specific key figure with another key figure and everything works fine. This made me think that something was wrong in the query with that specific key figure. But, its not. Everything works fine in BEx Web and also in Design Studio if I only have crosstabs assigned to it.

Anyone else had this issue?

Also, anyone knows where the log file is located?

Br

Max Rosén

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

does your chart/app crash also when you use a bex formula instead of that 1 bex key figure?

Create a formula in your bex query: 0 + [KEY FIGURE]

Regards

David

max_rosn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes it crashes also with a formula like that.

However, it does not crash if I only show the specific key figure. A fact I forgot to mention from the beginning is that the key figures which I want to show in the chart are all accumulated.

If I only choose to show the specific key figure in the chart, it works. Also, if I choose the specific key figure together with other key figures which are isolated, it works

Br

Max Rosén

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

what is your DS version? Is it 1.2 SP01?

If it works in a crosstab but doesn't in a chart, then this looks to me like a Design Studio bug/limitation.

In SP01 (for 1.2) there are various fixes for charts. Others have been experiencing all kinds of behaviors too, so this might be one of those or a new one.

My question in bold:

So you have 5 key figures, all of them are cumulated. You are able to display 2-4 of them at the same time in the chart except if you have at least 1 (of these 4 working ones) cumulated key figure and 1 problematic cumulated key figure?

KF1_cumulated_ok

KF2_cumulated_ok

KF3_cumulated_ok

KF4_cumulated_ok

KF5_cumulated_not_ok

"KF1_cumulated_ok" together with "KF2_cumulated_ok" works?

"KF1_cumulated_ok" together with "KF5_cumulated_not_ok" doesn't work

If you already figured out that it doesn't work only if at least 2 key figures are used of which both of them are cumulated, then it might be a case for the SAP Support Team (opening a ticket).

Else you should further look whether there is a difference you can find between "KF2_cumulated_ok" and "KF5_cumulated_not_ok" in the bex query. You will then only narrow down the specific scenario that is easily reproducible by others too that doesn't work, but it still may be a Design Studio Chart bug which SAP would need to fix?!

Regards

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You are right. We are also finding such errors with Charts in DS1.2 SP1. One of the issue which I had was, when using the calculated key figures which have percentage functions used. I had to change the calculation formula to get this working. Else my application was also crashing with the same error as above.

If I recall this properly, all such calculated key figures were working properly earlier. However the decimal place display was not proper. May be a fix for this issue has created another one.

Regards,

max_rosn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

when I tried your solution (0 + [KEY FIGURE]) I created new key figures and managed to still choose the old ones in the initial view. Your suggestion actually solved the issue. Guess the graph is crashing due to null values or something?

Br

Max Rosén

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

This sounds strange ?! I never had this impact with a kspecific key figure - but i know from the SDK development that Design Studio is sometimes a little bit odd when a javascript error occurs.

For me it seems that a specifiv value seems to crash the chart and therefore it also crashes the app itself.

To have a look at the logfile go to C:\Users\<your windows logonname>\Analysis-workspace\.metadata and then you will see .log file. Here are all the messages.

Hope you find an answer to your question

Best regards

Manfred