cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding URL of webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone letme know how to hide URL of an webdynpro application. Because i see some standard screens where URL is not visibile(PFB the snapshot)

Is there anyway same can be done to custom appl's?

Thanks

KH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pass   has_toolbar    = abap_false,  has_location   = abap_false to the create_external_window method of Window manager to hide the address bar.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If suppose, i need to hide the url as soon i launch the screen(if it is not an external window).

Ex: We create an configuration for wdp component and after click on test it launches our screen. Here i need to hide the URL of the window.Pls let me know how to achieve this functionality.

Thanks

KH

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is not external Window, there is no provision to hide the address bar, but you can create an alias for the same in SICF.

Suppose, you have the WDA application url as host:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/Z<APPLICATION_NAME> instead of this you can just show host:port/sap/<Your Name>

So, basically you can hide the application path URL not the address bar: Check the Alias section in this help for reference: Displaying Applications in the Browser (SAP Library - Balanced Scorecard (CPM-BSC))

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

Hope you are using method create_external_window( ) to call application url

Please pass the parameter USE_POST = abap_true. If we use POST method, it will not show the url parameters.

Please find my answer in the below link.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

If suppose, i need to hide the url as soon i launch the screen(if it is not an external window).

Ex: We create an configuration for wdp component and after click on test it launches our screen. Here i need to hide the URL of the window.Pls let me know how to achieve this functionality.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice Hawkins,

While opening the window using the following method, you can try the following code.

CALL METHOD lo_window_manager->create_external_window

EXPORTING

url            = url1

title          = 'Sales Order Items'

*     modal          = ABAP_FALSE

has_menubar    = abap_false

is_resizable   = abap_false

*     has_scrollbars = ABAP_TRUE

*     has_statusbar  = ABAP_TRUE

has_toolbar    = abap_false

has_location   = abap_false

*     use_post       = ABAP_FALSE

RECEIVING

window         = lo_window.

*********************************** The "has_" parameters handles the tool bar and url of the browser.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh,

Thanks

KH