Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWC APPL 6.04 set up in PI

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am trying to activate Enterprise Services in SAP, I've uploaded the SWC in PI ESR:

Objects appear in ESR and are activated but SPROXY in ECC is not showing the SWC APPL 6.04

Maybe I'm missing some SICF activation or something else.

I can't find SWC when trying to import it from DSL in ESR.

Thanks in advance,

Roberto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Finally I found the solution, my problem was that I was downloading incorrect file from SMP. You need to take care about enhancement and service pack level in your back to activate in a proper way proxies.

Check first your SP level in ECC

And download corresponding Zip from SMP:

I’ll update related post soon:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/03/13/setup-enterprise-service-in-sap-p...

Thanks for your replies.

Roberto.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roverto,

Did you import the SWC into SLD?

Please try to import the SWC into SLD and ESR again. and also run full cache refreash.

regards,

Harish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Have you checked this note 1528587 - PI ESR Content 0bjects are not visible in SPROXY?

I dont like so much that workaround, but you can take into mind if you don't find a good resolution.

Regards.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

The SAP note also said to install the relevant application in the backend and it will appear in SPROXY. So I guess he has to ask basis to install SAP APPL content in his backend system as an alternative.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

The SAP delivered content, SAP APPL 6.04 in this case, is not designed for customer own developments. You will not be able to see any of these in sproxy. You should copy all objects into your own SWCV and namespace etc in the ESR and then you will be able to see this in sproxy.

Below steps will help:

1. In the ESR, create your own Software Component Version (SWCV).

2. Create your own Namespace.

3. Copy the PI Content objects from the SAP delivered SWCV into the newly created SWCV.

4. You will then be able to see the objects of your own SWCV in transaction SPROXY.

Also, you will be able to see the objects in sproxy if SAP APPL 6.00 application is installed on your ECC system.

Regards,

Jani Shaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI Content need to be updated in SLD,

Try to import the .tpz file of the SWC into.ESR

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you know if using that workaround we don't lose any Proxy funcionality in ECC?

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Janid,

How can I install SAP APPL into backend? I use Iñaki Vila workaround and proxies are on green but I'm interested to know final solution.

regards,

Roberto.