cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Error in SAPGUI for HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

after upgrading our ERP systems to EHP7, we are faced with a strange error. When we start an arbitrary transaction via SAPGUI for HTML within our Portal (7.4), a popup appears and shows the following message:

"The standards mode is not supported for documents less than 8 (Note 1674501)".

When i click on the single button "Ignore", the transaction is started with massive layout problems. Interestingly this problem is NOT caused, when i start the transaction without portal via sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui.

So this wrong behavior seems to be caused by the combination of SAP NetWeaver Portal AND SAPGUI for HTML. We are getting this error with IE9 and IE11, Chrome and FF have no problems.

As Note 1674501 mentioned, the compatibility mode of Internet Explorer could be an issue. Because the WebGUI is generated. i see currently no possibility to add additional meta-tags (e.g. <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />) to the source-code of Web-Transactions.

Any ideas, how to solve this problem?

Regards Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For everyone struggling with this issue, I highly recommend reading Maya Amit's very informative blog post about browser rendering issues in the portal, including excellent links to relevant Notes, etc.

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

that was the first link I came accross!

Unfortunately, it didn't do the trick either. Changing 'Browser Document Mode' didn't have any impact on the iViews on the portal in IE11...

Thanks for the info.

BR,

Gonçalo

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that now for standalone modes, i.e iViews that are being opened from an application link you can now set the default rendering mode:

2097861 - AI iView's are not render correctly when using Internet Explorer 10 and above

BR,

Saar

S0004562014
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all

I know I'm a little bit late but maybe for future lookups:

Scenario: we just published a transaction via webgui and SICF.

We are not on the latest SP, so we can't set the parameter ~sap-ie = EMULATEIE8 (standard value).

Workaround:

Our request handler in SICF is CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS (of course you can use your own),

there we enhanced method handle_request( ) by adding this line of code at the beginning:

"server->response->set_header_field( name = 'X-UA-Compatible' value = 'IE=EmulateIE8' )."

Works fine.

BR

Hubertus

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just FYI there are known limitations too

1458799 Limited  supportability for IE8 and above in the Portal".

tom_parsons
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I too found this issue after going to EHP7. I set the SAP-IE parameter which removed that error, but the opened transaction is not functional. The problem appears to be caused by an attempt to read:

https://xxxxxxxxxxx.ukbatch/json?~RESTGUI=1&~RG_SCRIPTING=X&~RG_WEBGUI=X

note that there appears to be a missing / between the uk and batch.

Has anyone got EHP7 GUI for HTML content working in a portal? (we are on 7.31 right now)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom
I'm having a similar problem: did you solve the issue?

tom_parsons
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

We are still having issues. We are in the process of trying to get the right kernel / snote mix. I'll update this thread when we have something fully working.

former_member184386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm wondering if SAP provided any resolution to this problem.

We still have SAP GUI transactions that we call from the portal through a transaction iView.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, they replied to us that adding in the iView application parameters following parameter:

sap-ie=EmulateIE8

In this way we solved our problem.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Aitziber,

were you on IE11? I'm facing the same issue and I've tried just about everything.

I have an SAP IAC iView and added the parameter to Application Parameters of the iView but still, it's not rendered correctly.

Only by changing it to Compatibility View is the GUI window rendered correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Gonçalo

former_member184386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Goncalo,

Try adding the parameter SAP-IE, value EmulateIE8 in your WEBGUI service in SICF. This resolved our issue.

Let me know how it goes...

Regards,

Ricky Orea

0 Kudos

Hello,

we solved it for IE10, but is also working in IE11. We introduced parameter in the iviews in the following way:

As Ricky says it should also work entering parameter in WEBGUI service in SICF.

Regards,

Aitziber

0 Kudos

Hi Aitziber,

Thanks for you reply. I tried changing that parameter exactly but it doesn't seem to have any effect when I open the iView.

I've tried the prefix's one can use for parameters like "~" or "?" but the result is always the same,

I always get the message regarding the compatibility view.

Thanks again.

BR,

Gonçalo

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

thanks for the reply. When I try to add that parameter to the service I get the message "Service parameter ~SAP-IE contains special characters. Please correct"

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your support.

BR,

Gonçalo

former_member184386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The tilde is not needed..

0 Kudos

Hi,

this is really strange, I had tried it before as you state. Error still there though...

I'm on SAP 6.0 EHP6. Could it be the version?

Thanks again.

BR,

Gonçalo

former_member184386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you do copy and paste? How about try typing it in yourself.

0 Kudos

No I didn't copy paste, it just doesn't accept it... 😕

former_member184386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes, it could be the version...try to read SAP Note 1353538 there's some information there about SAP-IE paramter is not supported..

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

indeed this must be related as the parameter never seems to affect the way the browser renders the application.

Even by executing it directly from SICF and appending the parameter to the URL no change is seen.

I'll keep investigating to see if I can come up with any type of solution. If so, I'll leave a comment.

Once again  thanks a lot for all of your's and  Aitziber's support.

BR,

Gonçalo

mike_germain
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to apply note 1780585 - Service parameters for ICF services to allow character '-' so you can set the SAP-IE parameter.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hello,

did you get to find a solution on SAP-side? We are facing the same problem and since our users are suppliers (external from our company) solution should be on our side.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Aitziber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aitziber,

i've written a little bit of JavaScript code, which opens the application in an external window without any portal frames.

So instead of accessing the iView/WD4A when clicking on the respective portal navigation, you call a simple HTML-file from KM) with the mentioned JavaScript. Then a new tab with the WD4A application will be opened without any error messages.

I know, this is just a workaround, but we were not able to find a correct Portal-side solution. Unfortunately, SAP Support wasn't able up to find the problem so far. The only thing i can say is that in my case, the problem is definitely caused by the portal an not by the backend systems.

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

many thanks for the info.

Regards,

Aitziber

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Kindly follow the steps in IE 11

1. To open the IE Developer Tools press F12
  2. On left side change to the options "Emulation"
  3. Change the "Documents modus" to 5
  4. Change the "Browser Agent" to "Internet Explorer 7"

and then try for SAPGUI for html.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siriam,

yeah, this approach worked, thanks!!! But what is, when i can't change the company-wide IE-Settings? Is there any possibility to do something via customizing or coding?

Regards

Michael

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I am not sure about that. I thing its possible

Before creating the installation image(Windows RIS image) of windows 7 or 8 you can define those settings in administrator mode. and deploy the same to image to another desktop and check the settings

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sry, i've meant if i can change something on SAP-side. So the WEB Gui Generator adds additional or adjusted meta-tags to the HTML of an transaction. Or can i change something in my NetWeaver Portal to handle this error?

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How I can save Emulation to IE 8 ?

After closing browser Emulation has lost.

Regards.