cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot size by period in PP run in SAP APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need one clarification for PP heuristic run in APO.

I have set PPDS horizon as 2 days in material master.

Lot size procedure by period 1 W

Demand at DC are

D1    D2   D3  D4

10    20    30  40

My expectation that PP will only consider the demand in PP horizon and will generate 10+20=30 purchase req whereas i am getting output as 10+20+30+40=90(adding all demand in 1 W)

Please suggest if this is correct behavior.

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I am not sure on this. But a try.

Whether all the demand is falling with in the lot size period 1W? If so, then system picks all the demands and creating a PR. Could you please try removing or with different the lot size procedure.

Also update us the result.

Regards,

Chinna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Which heuristic are you using? Could you please share the screen shot of product view?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Yes demands are falling in weeks i mentioned inside by period but not inside PPDS horizon.

I tried with Lot for Lot and it is working fine with this means only demand inside PPDS horizon only getting considered.

Hi Rupesh,

Heuristic:SAP_PP_002

Attaching the screen shot.

rrp3 view

Thanks,

Krishna

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

This is standard system behavior The PP/DS horizon is only used to check whether SNP receipt elements participate in the net requirements calculation. The net requirements calculation is always carried out over the complete time axis. Only when you create the new PP/DS receipt elements does the system check whether these appear within the PP/DS horizon. PP/DS receipt elements are not created outside the PP/DS horizon. This ensures that with periodic lots, the quantity of the last PP/DS receipt element covers the requirements of the complete period even if a part of the period appears outside the PP/DS horizon.

For more details refer OSS note 448960 - Net requirements calculation (documentation).

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for the reply

In that case one doubt.

If i am using Lot for Lot PP is respecting the Horizon.

Thanks,

Krishna

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

In periodic lots, the quantity of the last PP/DS receipt element covers the requirements of the complete period that is 1 week in your case even if a part of the period appears outside the PP/DS horizon. Whereas in Lot for Lot will calculate on the basis exact requirement (1:1) this is standard SAP system design.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

So in Summary, in Lot to lot PPDS horizon will be respected by PP run but not in By period.

Thanks,

Krishna

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Period lot size is 1 week it will try to group the requirement of that week even if your PPDS horizon is smaller than week. Next week if you have the forecast then it will not get planned as it is already outside the PPDS horizon and period lot size so it also respecting PPDS horizon. And lot for lot it will plan with in PPDS horizon requirements. Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar