cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP / Java stack refresh

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone have documentation on how to do a refresh for an ABAP / Java system? I've done a system copy to create a new system with SAVLIB/RSTLIB by:

Export the SDM

Saved ABAP Database

Saved Java Database

Run the system copy with RSTLIB option on the target system, but when I did this, the system didn't already exist on the target side.

But if I have a development system (say abc) and want to refresh it with production (xyz), how would I do this with the addition of a java stack?

We have documentation and have done this plenty with just an ABAP stack, but not so with an ABAP/JAVA stack.

I would think if I tried to use the system copy method mentioned above it would error because the target system (abc) already exists.

Can anyone clarify for me? Thank you.

~TJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, I realize I need to delete the target DB, but that still leaves the SID / instance, which would make the system copy error, correct? Because the system copy does the check to see which SIDs / instances already exist.

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually it is an iSeries specific question, since the option to do a savlib / rstlib doesn't exist for the other platforms.

It seems that the consensus is that to do a refresh, I have to completely delete the target system first? This isn't how we've had to do our ABAP refreshes. We just overlay the database and do some post refresh steps, changing the SID, etc.

I would think a similar process would be available for an ABAP and JAVA stack.

JanStallkamp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi TJ.

Looks like your question is not specific for SAP on System i. Most likely you get more answers when you ask it in an platform independent forum. I would suggest the forum.

But I think it would be very interesting for many of us here in this forum to let us know if there is a easy way to accomplish the refresh.

Best regrads,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/instguides --> SAP NetWeaver --> Release 2004s (or your release) --> Installation --> 2 - Installation - SAP NetWeaver Systems --> System Copy for SAP Systems Based on NW2004s SR1 ABAP+Java

Cheers,

-Sunil

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

This will let me overwrite the system that currently exists without an error because the system is already there? Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

One of the steps of a refresh procedure is to delete all the contents of the target DB...

Regards,

JC Llanes.