cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line item wise Qty in Handling Unit Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working and testing Handling Unit Management. As per the client requirement, he wants Multilevel Packaging (Manually) for materials as-

E.g. 100 Pieces will be packed in 1 Small Carton.

100 Small Cartons will be packed in 1 Big Carton.

10 Big Cartons will be packed in 1 Pallet.

Now while creating delivery I packed 2 materials separately. And in the item level it is showing as a whole, means total 1100 PC packed in 11 Small carton, 11 Small cartons packed in 5 Big cartons and 5 Big cartons packed in 2 Pallets. Please find the below screen shot.

Now when I check this delivery number in tables LIPS-VBELN, it is showing the entire qty of Small carton, Big carton and Pallets as 11, 5, 2 respectively. But actually it has show each material or line item wise No. of Small carton, Big carton and pallet used.

E.g. For 1st material Small Boxes = 5

Big Carton = 2

Pallet = 1

For 2nd material Small Boxes = 6

Big Carton = 3

Pallet = 1

My question is, is there any table or logic where I can fetch all these details for all material that how many packaging material and qty has been used. Because in packing list the same needs to get printed each line item wise. I checked in VEPO and VEKP table as well but not getting any input.

Kindly help.

Regards:

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you are mistaken or misunderstood about the packing process in Handling Unit Management.

For having data in VEKP or VEPO. Then in delivery for HUM, material for outbound delivery is packed with multi-level packing in Outbound Delivery Overview Screen - Menu Bar - Edit - Pack or click on pack button

If you are not following HUM method for packing and doing w/o that. Which quiet evident from your screenshot. Then on print differential your packing material based on Item Category. But, it difficult to automate or monitor the packing limit for deliverable material in packing material.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP sir,

As I understand from your comment. If I am not wrong, I am following the same as you suggested. I did multilevel packing as you suggested above using this icon. Check the screen shot of the same.

Here below we can see 2 pallets which is having different packing material as Big Carton-Small carton etc. for which I wanted to see the how much no of small carton and Big carton are there in it with its qty...!!!

Can you please help or is there anyway to find out this. If I am wrong, kindly correct me sir.

Regards:

Abhishek

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide me screenshot of HUM from "Ttl Content"? As that screen represent HU Hierarchy view.

As per my understanding.

HierarchyMaterial
0Pallet
1Big Carton
2Small Box
3Material to be delivered.

I hope you understand packing material are maintain based on volume & weight. Check packing material data in packing material master's Sales: General/Plant view.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP sir,

As suggested by you I have maintain weight an volume in packing material. Kindly find the below screen shot and general overview as you asked "Ttl Content".

The above screen shots are for your reference. It is not possible to take entire screen shot but it will help some how. If you want any other detail, I can provide you.

Regards:

Abhishek

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the above screenshot you can see

how much no of small carton and Big carton are there in it with its qty...!!!

You can get handling unit number (Subs.doc.categ.-VBTYP_N = X-Handling Unit) from Table VBFA for your delivery (Preceding Doc.-VBELV)

In addition to that you can get internal HU Nos for your Handling Unit(EXIDV) as reflecting in HUM overview screen.

Then pass Internal HU nos (VENUM) table VEPO to get Material which will have Item type(VELIN) will be 1 & 3 for Handling unit.

I hope this should suffice your requirement for getting info on packing in delivery.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP sir,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I did not understand the logic provided by you. Can you please provide step by step process to fetch this. I think we are close to fix it.

Regards:

Abhishek

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's your requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP sir,

My requirement is for a material e.g. 1000 Pcs, how many Small Boxes, Big cartons and Pallets is used. That I want to display in the packing list. Kindly check below my packing list for your reference.

E.g

Material Material DescriptionTotal QtyNo. of Small cartonsNo. of Big cartonsNo. of Pallets
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX10001051
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX15001572

So I want to fetch this for each line item wise that how many Small Cartons, Big cartons and Pallets are being used, I don't want to fetch the Qty packed in these packing material.

Regards:

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Any update on this...!!!

Regards:

Abhishek

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, why you don't have any quantities assigned against Small cartons, big cartons and pallets?

Well, for your requirement. As functional consultant, you should be smart enough to interpret & analysis the data when you have tables and data in hand. Anyways, in your case,

As Pallet is the highest level pack material.

Pass HU no of pallet in VEKP- EXIDV, in your case for one of the pallet, it is 1000013558.

For that you will get, Internal HU no. VEKP-VENUM, say, 86.

Pass VEKP-VENUM = VEPO-VENUM.

With that you will get Lower-level HU, VEPO-UNVEL, that will be internal HU No for Big Cartons & VEPO-VEANZ for packing material quantity.

Then pass VEPO-UNVEL = VEPO-VENUM, by this you will get internal HU No for Small Cartons in VEPO-UNVEL & VEPO-VEANZ for packing material quantity.

Again, pass VEPO-UNVEL = VEPO-VENUM, by this you will get following info:

Table - FieldsField Desc
VEPO-VEPOSHU item
VEPO-VBELNDelivery
VEPO-POSNRDelivery Item
VEPO-VEMNGPacked quantities

Try and share your feedback.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyoti Prakash sir,

Thanks a lot for giving me this correct logic as the client has confirmed and approved the same. Now my issue is resolved.

Besides, if you allow me can I ask one more doubt in this thread related to Number Ranges for the same?

Regards:

Abhishek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Can you the item cat DLN instead of HUPM.

regards,

Sayantan