Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Adapter Specific Identifiers

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have made all the developments and have migrated them to the PRD server which is my XIP. Now in the XID (DEV server) i had the interfaces connected with the R3 Devlopment (BDS). When i have migrated the Developments of XID to XIP the Business System there is still BDS. My Production server is BPS for R3. I want all the data finally there. Now the problem that i am anticipating is that as the Logical system in the Adapter Specific Identifiers is that of the Development R3 Server as the Developments were done on that basis.

What shuld be done in this case in order I get the data at R3 PRD i.e. my BPS and not the R3 DEV which is my BDS. I also cannot change the Adapter Specific Identifiers as they are not editable.

Initially is was

XIP-->BDS

Now it has to be

XIP-->BPS, but since the adapter specific identifiers are showing the LS of the BDS system therefore the data will be in the DEV server. In case i remove the BDS and Pull the BPS then I have to change all the Interface determination and the receiver agreement and stuff.

Please do advice me. I have also created the BPS in the SLD and the Func Module "LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS" is showin all the Business systems.

Please do respond ASAP. Thanking in anticipation.

Best Regards

Chakra and Somnath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the scenarios related to BDS to BPS is it ok , then change the technical system details i mean previously the BS is routed to TS of BDS then with same BS name routed to TS of BPS then you need not to change all .that is one.

the second one is

if you have one Fm to retrieve the BS from table then prepare on interface mapping to get the business system details , use this interface mapping name in receiver determination .

See also the below link

Can i know the SP version , if it is SP16 then see the below links

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is helpful..</i>

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the replies, I am not using the CMS but I am using the File transfer method for the developments, so they are getting migrated as they are developed. How do I attach it to the Production Server of the R3. Should I create the Configurations again??

Please respond ASAP.

Best Regards

Chakra and Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somnath. you make the changes in DEV as productin and export it once it is done. you rollback the changes in DEV. or create a productin business system and export and import this in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

No need to configure, you can use it ,again import and work,but can please clarify the magration details.

If the BS and the TS details are the same then no need to modify/configure.

Regards

Chilla

gautam_poddar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok...will try that and get back.....thanks a ton for the replies...

Regards

Chakra and Somnath

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

probably you didn't set tranport targets correctly in SLD

that why you still see BDS on PRD

>>> also cannot change the Adapter Specific Identifiers as they are not editable.

once you define transport target correctly you will be able to pull them from SLD

easily and everything will work

Regards,

michal