Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM to perform RFC authorization tests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've been trying to find the piece of code responsible for the RFC authorization test available in SM59 -> Utilities -> Test -> Authorization test (CTRL+F4).

The idea is to perform, besides the RFC_PING to check if the server is reachable, an authorization test to check if the password specified in the destination locally is still valid in the target system.

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there seems to be some black magic behind that function :-). Anyway, check program RSMRFC01. I think it's doing same thing (routine RFC_SYNC_AUTH).

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there seems to be some black magic behind that function :-). Anyway, check program RSMRFC01. I think it's doing same thing (routine RFC_SYNC_AUTH).

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there is some black magic in the statement itself.

You could call RFC_PING (physical connection test in SRFC) before you call RFCPING (application authentication test in SYST), but you don't have to. The CALL FUNCTION func DESTINATION statement has built in exceptions which it throws back to the calling program that either the server could not be reached or it was reached but failed to respond. You can catch those exceptions in addition to any exporting parameters from the FM itself. See transaction ABAPDOCU for the DESTINATION statement.

Cheers,

Julius