cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the commonly encountered issue in Go-Live for GATP implementation?

Piyush
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am currently involved in a GATP implementation project.

I would like know that -

1. What are commonly encountered GATP related problems during Go-Live?

[I have already prepared a list for the same. Some of the root causes are like -

1. Incorrect strategy group maintained in the material master.

2. During CIF model creation 'Availability Check' check box not activated.

3. Availability check and allocation should be activated for the schedule line.

4. Incorrect rule maintenace for RBA. (RBA04)

5. Incorrect rule assignment for RBA. (AO11)

6. Incorrect Check instruction.

7. Incorrect Check control

and so on.....]

2. Is there any check list available in the forum for the same?

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Ranpura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

1) You definitely need to ensure that your OVZJ settings are as expected in the production system after go-live as it can lead to zero confirmations or incorrect confirmations if is is missed.

2) Coming to Product allocation, hope you know that system cannot read "0" allocation figure and to counter the same, perhaps you may need to build a solution to make it as "-1" so that system understands it better

3) In the area of ODLs, you will face issues with incorrect data being available in ODLs, this is caused because of some inconsistencies ( I am sure ODLs as a concept is not fully fool proof ). You need to schedule the program /SAPAPO/ODLR in the production system weekly or if the data is less schedule it daily

4) It may also happen that the logistics team had introduced some new calendars and APO team is unaware of it and you may encounter issues in Scheduling. Try to make sure that the time streams are created correctly and at the same all the relevant route scheduling condition records are correctly maintained w.r.t the data in the source system.

5) Do a test run on Availability check immediately after system goes-live. this will tell you if there is any problem with the RFC connection, Live cache errors etc.,

There could be many more apart from this.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

Piyush
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I am really grateful to you.

I am definitely going to incorporate these aspects during the Go-live.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Ranpura