Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori - Who and How?

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys!

Well, i managed to install SAP Fiori Apps on BackEnd and UI Add-Ons on NW GW 2.0 SP08, i've been following most of the guides by myself and i still can't make PO Approval work. As a BASIS should i be doing this by myself?  How can i know in Fiori which are BASIS, ABAP or Functional tasks?

Im pretty new to NW GW and most of my experience as a BASIS comes from ERP Administration and installations.

All answers would be gladly appreciated.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also please check this note :

Note 1949876 :

FIORI: PO or PR are not displayed in the apps using customer workflow

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Problem solved, the thing was that after i reconstructed the whole scenario last time (scenario definition, services, alias, etc) i forgot to set again the check for current user on the RFC destination that goes from Backend to FrontEnd. I applied the note on friday and this was the missing piece on the puzzle, thank you very much.

Best regards,

Martim.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

First of all i would like to thank you for your responses, you are very kind to take the time for it.

@Masayuki Sekihara  My main question was about who is responsible for the whole activities during a SAP Fiori implementation.

@Midhun VP Thanks for your response.

@Tejas Chouhan

Hi

Right now the issue i am having is that i have no data showing in the PO Aprroval App. I've followed step by step the install guide and steps in help.sap.com regarding UI5, Gateway and Fiori, in fact i've destroyed and reconstructed the configuration several times now but with no avail.

1. I do know release strategy is configured, although i do not know if workflow option used is 1. I get to receive the PO in SBWP and it is not approved, it was created by the MM consultant for testing purposes.
  2. Same TaskID used in assign task to scenario is configured here
  3. Using custom workflow so we substituted the standard with this one.
  4. I think RFC are okay since the app launches with no error messages and when i test all url's in /IWFND/GW_CLIENT they all end with status 200 (OK).

I use latest versión of Google Chrome for the testing on my laptop (Win7 Pro x64), the consumer type for the scenario is DESKTOP, MOBILE and TABLET (or should i need to construct an scenario to each consumer type?).

Support Package wise i have this:

Gateway Server (Central Hub):

• All SAP UI add-on's (UI2 and UI5) are on SP07.
  • GW_CORE and IW_BEP are on SP08.
  • UIAPP002 is SP03.
  • UIX01CA1 is SP00.

BackEnd Server:

• IW_PGW is SP05.
  • IW_BEP is SP08.
  • GBAPP002 is SP03.

Both servers are based on NW 7.31 and have Kernel 721 EXT_UC x64 level 100.

Whether i use the app url with or without the ?sap-client=<client> part, the result is the same, no data shows.

As i said we are using a custom workflow, but besides that for everything else configuration is standard by the guides.

Any input will be appreciated.

Regards,

Martim.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

1. I do know release strategy is configured, although i do not know if workflow option used is 1. I get to receive the PO in SBWP and it is not approved, it was created by the MM consultant for testing purposes.

If you are able to see PO in SBWP, then release strategy is already configured and workflow related task is complete.

2. Same TaskID used in assign task to scenario is configured here

If you are using custom workflow, then you need to give task id which is used for decision.

3. Using custom workflow so we substituted the standard with this one. : OK

1. I think RFC are okay since the app launches with no error messages and when i test all url's in /IWFND/GW_CLIENT they all end with status 200 (OK). :

Please check the rfc destination is set for current user or not. and assign those to system alias. When you do remote login, it should show User as the user which you are logging in and not the hardcoded rfcuser. From Gateway to backend and backend to Gateway, connection should be through configured User with which you are logging in.

With which userid you are logging in ?? You should login with Manager's id : With whose access you can check PO in SBWP, same id you have to use.

Regards,

Tejas

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make a Fiori app with the help of a Functional consultant. As a Basis consultant you can manage the add ons but specific to the application a funcational consultant is needed, ex. PO approval can be manages by a MM consultants.

Midhun VP

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martim,

Generally if you are working with installation of standard fiori apps. As a Basis guy, you can make it work. You can gather all information regarding functionality from SAP functional consultants.

Also if you are working on Approve PO app, there are certain steps to be a prerequisites :

1. Release strategy should be configured in SPRO of backend system, with workflow option marked as 1, and in the Workflow step, you have to configure to whom the PO will go (This should be done by MM functionals)

SPRO -> Materials Management-> Purchasing -> Purchase order -> Release strategy - > Configure release strategy.

2. Also configure task id in Approve PO app in this path in backend ERP: SPRO -> Materials Management-> Purchasing -> Purchase order -> Approve PO app.

3. In Gateway system : Go to SPRO -> Netweaver gateway ->Gateway service enablement -> Scenario definition . Here configure scenario def and provide task id of the workflow approval step. (if you are using standard task id, check fiori install guide. (TS20000166)

4. Once RFC connections are properly set and system alias are set. Your app should work.

If you get any error, please post the snapshot for the same.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martim,

One can see the beauty of SAP Fiori if and only if the Basis guys complete the prerequisites successfully (personal opinion ).

And for your information the prerequisite consist of  Support package upgrades, SAP note implementation (including some manual activity), apply lots of Add-ons in ECC, GW , SRM, etc as per client requirement that which Fiori app they are going to use.

Now considering your case PO approval, check all the per-requisite in the below given link

SAP Fiori Installation and Configuration

Once you install or fulfill all the per-requisite ask the functional consultant to test the scenario.

Regards,

Rafikul

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rafikul,

Of course . What i meant was that are several steps that seem to be more ABAP or functional (speaking of Fiori Apps specific steps) specially workflow stuff  and some of the customizing steps .

I have serious complaints about the scarcity and lack of a better information "repository", since you have to read at least SAPUI5, Gateway and Fiori guides plus you need to search in several places before having the whole picture, by far this has been the worst documentation i've read from SAP, not because of quality of structure but for the lack of critical information in guides, you need to look in a lot of places to get the whole picture of it.

I was able to detect some missing MM customizing and functional consultant is working on it .

Thanks for your kind response.

Regards,

Martim.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martim,

Fiori provides UI for existing backend applications. Prerequisite for Fiori is backend application should be up and running. I think your case is backend applications were not configured and not running.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG