cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US legal reg for Ultimate Consignee for Exports & license value for AES filings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a best practice as to where to store the Ultimate Consignee Type (UCT) on the customer master in SAP ECC side so that is can be transferred to SAP GTS?  We have found many SAP Notes regarding the GTS side (ex: 1895800) but would like input on where best to store the data on the customer master in SAP ECC.

Thank you for your input.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

I don't know if there's any established best practice, but logic suggests that you configure and store the values in one of the Customer Group fields - either the main "Customer Group" on the "Sales" tab, if not already in use, or one of the 5 fields on the "Additional Data" sub-screen.

My feeling is that you'd want the information at Sales Area level, in case a single customer had different roles in different areas.  For example, one of your customers could directly consume your products in one Sales Area, but act as a reseller in another.  If you were sure that could never happen, then there would be potentially less maintenance by using a General level field - for example, the "Customer Class" field on the "Marketing" tab.

Does that chime with your own thinking?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Dave.  Yes, this is in line what we were thinking but wanted to get feedback from other companies to see what field they were going to use.

Thanks again for giving your feedback!

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good - glad that my input was helpful

Answers (0)