Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution channel wise credit limit on one credit control area

former_member328731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I got requirement to define credit limits for customers depending on distribution channel but all must be within one credit control area. Is it possible to set up system in that manner?

Regards,

Harry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry ,

You have to go for enhancement to meet the requirement. Create a Z table where you maintain the Credit Limit respective to Distribution channel. So whenever the credit check triggers, system should refer the Z table for validation of Credit Limit rather than  Credit Master value in KNKK table.

With Regards

Vinu.N

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Harry, I think you can use the credit check userexit if your credit limit has a simple pattern to follow among different distribution channels. otherwise It is a dumb but doable idea to create two customer records for each customer that have this need and assign different credit limits.

a not so dumb answer would be a bunch of questions to the clients. why differentiate limits per distribution channel, why not create multiple credit control areas?

former_member328731
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shichang,

My company have 3 distribution channels Wholesales, Retail and Internet. Each of them sell unique products, but in some portion their portfolio is overlapping. Each of this distribution channels are independent departments  and each of them define own credit limits for the customers. Management want to have one credit control area for reporting purposes.

One customer can buy from one or more distribution channels. If for example X Inc, buy from Wholesales they should have 100,000.00$ credit limit, but if they buy from Internet they should have 10,000.00$. Each of this credit limits need to be independent, but in reports everything should be summarized.

Hope that this detailed explanation is helpful.

Regards,

Harry

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Harry it is indeed helpful.

unfortunately business can't have whatever they want without any cost. the easiest way in handling this requirement would be multiple credit control areas. since that's what credit control area were meant for, to differentiate different scenarios of credit limit. Tell the business to fix this from the standpoint of reporting not credit limit.

maybe based on the reporting requirement standard reports could meet their need, if not just develop a customized report.

that's my 2cents.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harry,

You requirement is interesting but not uncommon. Many customer have such requirements.

I go with the sugestion above. You will have to create seperate Credit Control Areas for this requirement.

If it is to be done with single Credit Control Organization, Z-Enhancement is only option.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta