Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deinitialize time series for DP Planning Area

former_member215376
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'd like to get your inputs on number of ways in deleting the time series of DP Planning Area. The only way that I know is through running /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_DE_INITIALIZE or directly from /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN and then choose delete time series. Let me know what other things can de done.

Also, it's very strange why this is happened and not sure if you have also experienced it (i.e. for example time series exists for 'active' planning version and then suddenly it's deleted).

Hoping for your soonest response. Thank you.

Regards,

AA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AA,

Which SCM version you are using. In case of SCM4.1 version, if you want to do some changes in planning area configuration settings, you have to deinitialize the planning area and then do the changes and reinitialize it. For that you have proper data backup. with out data backup its difficult to retrieve the data back.

From SCM5.0 onward its possible to do the configuration changes without deinitializing the planning area.

There are 2 ways to delete the time series of DP Planning Area.

1) If you use SCM7.0 you will see the menu path  Advanced Planning and Optimization --> Environment --> Time Series Administration --> Deintialize Planning Area (/SAPAPO/TSDEINIT)

2) Go to /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN t code and select the planning area context menu select Delete Time Series Objects

you mentioned " it's very strange why this is happened and not sure if you have also experienced it (i.e. for example time series exists for 'active' planning version and then suddenly it's deleted)."

This means, have you done any of the changes in the planning area structure. Deinitialization of the planning area leads to loss of time series values i.e will lose data in the planning books.

Your planning area got deintialized, Can you pls explan whats up exactly happened. I mean what are the major changes done in your planning area. At what situation planning area got deintialized.

For better understanding pls go through the SAP Help regarding Indialize and Deintialize the planning area.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

and also the below threads

Changing a DP Planning Area | SCN

Initialize and De-Initialize of Planning Area | SCN

Regards,

Subhan

former_member215376
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhan,

We are now on the new version of APO (i.e. EHP2 FOR SAP SCM 7.0). And yes, we have added new key figure from the Planning Area just recently but for the new version, it should still be okay. Note that the added key figure also happened from another Planning Area but the deletion of the time series didn't happen from there.

The weird thing is when we tried to use RTSCOPY within the Planning Area (with COM routine 40,020 - time series does not exist). We did thrice of loading for RTSCOPY, first in the background and the COM routine appeared, second is via foreground and it give a message of locking issue for certain user. And third, background again and same COM routine appeared as to the first. Any idea on the second locking issue? How come this happened?

Also, i would understand the COM routine would cause inconsistencies within the DP Planning Area but but not to the point that the time series maintained will be deleted totally. It should be deleted upon doing the mentioned ways above right? Any other case(s)?

Regards,

AA