cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM related questions

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have few queries related to charm. We will be implementing charm on solman 7.1 SPS10.

Charm will be used only for production line and not release line. we have a situation because of this.

e.g. Production line ECC is on Ehp5 and Release line on Ehp6

current plan of charm DEV-->QAS-->STG-->PRD (Ehp5). but in future during cutover of current N+1 landscape i.e D+1-->Q+1-->S+1 which are on Ehp6, changes will be moved to PRD (which would have been upgraded to EHp6).

1) Now first query is, what is the impact on charm (Production line) if we upgrade PRD to Ehp6 before DEV, QAS, STG which will still be on Ehp5.

2) We have 2 diff client in dev.  one for workbench and other for cust. how can we define 2 dev clients in single logical component, if it is 2 diff logical comp, how can same project have 2 diff dev with same prod

3) we also want umode to be set for cust transports. i.e all cust transports to be imported in overwrite mode. where do we set this in charm.

-SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Now first query is, what is the impact on charm (Production line) if we upgrade PRD to Ehp6 before DEV, QAS, STG which will still be on Ehp5.

basically all product in the system logical component should be in the same product version.

in this case, you need to create new logical component after upgrade of all 3, close the active charm maintenance cycle and replace the logical component in the project, then create new maintenance cycle. refer  question 6.

2) We have 2 diff client in dev.  one for workbench and other for cust. how can we define 2 dev clients in single logical component, if it is 2 diff logical comp, how can same project have 2 diff dev with same prod

you cant create 2 developement clients in single logical component, each system/clinet assigned to each role in logical component, so 1 dev , 1 quality etc

but you can have as many as logical component with the dev system in single project. for example one dev client for maintenace track one dev client for operation track.

refer

3) we also want umode to be set for cust transports. i.e all cust transports to be imported in overwrite mode. where do we set this in charm.

you can do the same in tms even after charm activated too, the same popup arrise, you can set the import options check in q12

Thanks

Jansi

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Jansi.

Meanwhile I had placed these questions to SAP consultant at onsite and they responded back with similar answers except point 2. it is possible to proceed with two diff clients.

-Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cant create 2 developement clients in single logical component, each system/clinet assigned to each role in logical component, so 1 dev , 1 quality etc

you  missed what i said, i said you cant have 2 dev clients means,  you can have 2  client, but it should have different role.

could you please check them this too.

Thanks

Jansi

0 Kudos

Sure Jansi, I will check with them.

I have created one logical component with system roles as Development and Development 1 with diff clients assigned to each other.

I will post the result of my test. hope i don't get any inconsistency issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you created system role manually development 1. if can, do share your screenshots here.

Thx

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi - with multi dev clients - once you schedule automatic transports jobs, CHARM runs into issue when you have dependency between customizing and ABAP changes.

The last I talked to SAP on this issue, here is SAP's response "SAP do not suggest to split the development in different clients, because that will lead to complexity of import order for the follow on systems. So if its possible only 1 client for development should be used. In case you need to have more than 1 client, then you need to ensure the sequence is correct manually by yourself. We cannot do that."

Do we have any SAP document (OSS Note) from a transport source perspective where SAP recommends single client instead of multiple clients in source dev system ?

thanks,

sid

0 Kudos

Jansi,  using two different system roles seem to be working.

tried to move multiple transports across and it worked well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

sorry, i cant accept this, until I tried myself, normally system wont reconise 2 DEV ROLES in one Logical component,  my view that starting from IMG project creation on, it gives trouble. 

Also i noted that from your first screen, you have one system as Development System and another one client as Development configuration client. This means both has different role s t?

Can you paste your IMG project screenshot. I dont have any sandbox to test this.

Hi

multiple dev clients absolutely possible, this is the foundation for CCTS+.  But here the issue is different, The reporter saying that Multiple DEV ROLES  in ONE LOGICAL Component is possible, which I need to test.

I dont hav any such document from SAP, but you can contact , he has testing environment too.

Best regards

Jansi

Answers (0)