cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discount incorrectly applied in Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we have a discount condition(ZXXX) which is applied to only the 1st order of a customer.

-I created the 1st order for the customer and it applied the ZXXX discount correctly.

-I created a 2nd order and it did not apply the ZXXX discount in that order, which is correct.

-Now after i deliver both the orders and i invoice the 2nd order 1st, it's applying the ZXXX discount in that billing document.

- it is also applying the ZXXX discount in the 1st order invoice too.

Ideally the discount should not be applied to the Invoice of the 2nd order, since the reference transaction is not the 1st transaction for the customer.

can anybody give an idea on how i can fix this issue?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Keerthi,

Some questions:

- Does the invoice use the same pricing procedure as the sales order?

- Is the discount condition manually applied on the order or is it determined automatically from a condition record?

- Are you using order related billing or delivery related? In your item level copy controls, what is your pricing type & price source?

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply krishna!

- Does the invoice use the same pricing procedure as the sales order?

Yes

- Is the discount condition manually applied on the order or is it determined automatically from a condition record?

Automatically determined condition

- Are you using order related billing or delivery related? In your item level copy controls, what is your pricing type & price source?

Delivery Related Billing

the copy control of billing document for sales order to billing document at item level is

Pricing type- G- Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes

Price Source- Blank-order

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi:

Based on your information, the only explanation for a normal case would be, in your v/06, ZXXX is categorized as tax and thus it can have a different value in the invoice from Order.

Most likely, this would not be the case. then you can check on pricing Analysis on ZXXX  in both OR and F2 to obtain more information. Also check the change log on both order and invoice for potential clue.

0 Kudos

Okay, so here are a few thoughts:

- How are you preventing the discount from showing up on the 2nd order? You may have to fix something in the routine (you probably already checked this)

- Can you check what the condition category/ condition class is of your ZXXX discount condition?

Take a look at SAP note24832; even though your calculation type is G (which says copy everything and redetermine taxes), the system actually redetermines conditions with categories shown below (copied from the note):

• 'G' (Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes):

The following condition types are redetermined:

• Condition class KOAID = 'D' (Taxes)
    • Condition class KOAID = 'C' (Rebate)
    • Condition category  KNTYP = 'I' (Intercompany billing conditions)
    • Condition category  KNTYP = 'R' (Remuneration list conditions)
    • Condition category  KNTYP = 'L' (Generally new when copying)
    • Condition category  KNTYP = 'G' (cost)
    • Condition category  KNTYP = 'E' (Cash discount conditions)

I hope this helps!
Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply!

Condition type ZXXX is not categorized as tax. I also checked the analysis, could not get any clue from it.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Thank you for the detailed analysis!

-How are you preventing the discount from showing up on the 2nd order? You may have to fix something in the routine (you probably already checked this)

This is happening from the condition record- Maximum number of orders in item details of condition record- I set it as 1, hence it pulls the ZXXX condition only in the 1st order and not the 2nd one.

-Can you check what the condition category/ condition class is of your ZXXX discount condition?

Condition category for ZXXX is Blank

Condition Class is A- Discount or surcharge

I looked at the note, It doesn't seem to fit my scenario as my condition category is blank.

Do you think my condition category should not be blank?

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthi, what does the change log say?

0 Kudos

Take a look at SAP note 1459597. It talks about incorrect values on documents and statistics tables because of a programming error. The correction code seems to show that the system does not take already cumulated values (in your case, the first order that already got a discount) into consideration.

The note specifies some function modules read by standard SAP pricing (SD_COND_STATISTICS_READ). You may be able to put a break point here and check system behavior.

The item that confuses me though is why the system is re-determining pricing for this condition type when it should not.

Having a condition category of "blank" is acceptable: it should be cause any issues.

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

The change log doesn't give a clue. if you are pointing towards if somebody manually added that condition, that would not be possible, as it cannot be added manually.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply krishna! I was trying to find a solution to this, so i could not reply back to you.

All- we raised a message to SAP and waiting for thier reply, once we get some solution, I will post it in this thread.

Regards,

Keerthi Dantu