cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML Post Closing Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue while doing ML Post Closing and It came to know that MM period open issue for next period.

Actually I ran ML Post Closing with out open the next MM period.

But while doing ML Post Closing MM Period automatically changed from current period to next period i.e from 11/2013 to 12/2013 when I check the MMRV T.code for MM Periods --> how to over come this issue ?

I am doing first time ML month end activities after I ran all normal month activities with smoothly.

I heard that without post closing previous period in ML current period won't get smoothly -->  If this is the issue how can we go for First time ML Month End Activities ?

Is there any alternative solution or any precautions steps missing ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Bhaskar K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member253922
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar

Question: I heard that without post closing previous period in ML current period won't get smoothly -->  If this is the issue how can we go for First time ML Month End Activities ?

I hope I got your question correctly.

Consider the following situation:
Current period = Nov
Next period = Dec.

In Nov, Plant received goods and posted issues.
In various transactions, system accounted price differences with respect Price and Exchange Rates
Therefore, it has to move these price differences to Consumption and Closing stock.

The movement of Price Differences to Consumption and Closing Stock can happen only if Nov is closed and users no longer post receipts/issues for Nov.

Prices differences of Dec can be calculated only if Opening Differences of November are available and Dec is closed and Jan is open.

Therefore System is consistently maintaining formula ==> Opening Price Difference + Price Difference from Current Month Receipts- Price Difference transfer to Consumption = Closing Price Difference.

For this reason, the Previous Period, which is Nov must be closed. Else all subsequent calculations will go wrong.

ML of Nov is not closed and MM period is already moved to Jan/Feb/Mar:

In this situation, you cannot do Post Closing of Nov.

In this case you have to follow Note 361236 - CKMLCP: No period-end closing operations after period shift. Read the CAUTION too of this note.

System will technically close ML by setting Material Status to 70 once the steps of this note are followed. All price difference can now be accounted in previous period.

Regards

Satya.

ramapuram_prasad
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi bhaskar reddy

follow the links

http://www.slideshare.net/rshanbhag/document-splitting-in-new-gl-in-sap

u can find no. of but any type of doc. by way of search

thanks

ram

former_member418595