Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password expiration

Sankar_Aravind
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Is there any way to find on which date the password was expired.

the parameter login/password_expiration_time value is showing as 0. But one RFC user password was expired in status which caused issues. So we are investigating in the way the, on which date the password was expired.

or

Is there any default period of expiration even though the parameter value is 0.

Thanks,

Sankar.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar

Did the RFC user got locked ?? or the password expired.

I was just wondering If value is 0, password should not expire..

If your RFC is communication type , it will have the same password policy as that of a dialog user,

login/password_expiration_time value.

Its not a gud practice to set the value to 0 for login/password_expiration_time value.

make the RFC user system. so that password never expires.

Cheers

Pavan M

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Yes my user is Communicaiton user.

But my query is, is htere any way to find whne the user was expired / when the RFC is failed because of the password expiry.

Thanks,

Sankar.

0 Kudos

what is the value of login/password_max_idle_productive ??

Cheers

0 Kudos

It is also 0 pavan.

0 Kudos

Pavan is on the right track with the user type, but has been brought off-track by the profile parameter which would appear to most likely be the cause.

Instead of login/password_expiration_time, check your login/password_downwards_compatibility. I bet my hat on it that this is now set to value 1, but at the time of creating the user and setting its password, this parameter did not exist or was set to 5.

What this means for the user is that it has a usr02-bcode value (old hash) but not a corresponding usr02-passcode value (new hash). The difference is that (contrary to what the documentation in Rz11 implies) for users of type SYSTEM and SERVICE, there is a passive tolerance for compatibility built into the login program.

-> the hashing and comparing of the PASSCODE value fails, and then for SYSTEM type users it also hashes and compares to BCODE and if they match then the login is successful. This passive tolerance is however not done for DIALOG and COMMUNICATION type users.

So.. to prevent you from being forced to reset the password (which might be in several connection data...), you can simply change the user type to SYSTEM.

Cheers,

Julius

guilherme_deoliveira
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

You can use transactio SUIM -> Change Documents to check the related user. It will show there when the user has its password expired.

Maybe the same information can be seen in table USR02 for BNAME = <user>.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Guilherme de Oliveira

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Guilherme.

My query is different.

Say for example, my RFC id password was expired 10 days back. But i found the issue today. because of this RFC failure queues were strucked. So we are investigating on what date the RFC failed, i.e, on what exact date the password was expired.

Thanks,

sankar.

0 Kudos

Hi Shakar

For that , Use SE16 --- USR02 and field BCDA1 for the last login..

It gives you a time stamp of RFC before the failure.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the value of login/password_max_idle_productive and login/password_max_idle_initial ??

Cheers

former_member144617
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, You can find out in SUIM the change documents of the particular user Id and check for the user password expiration date..!!

Or

The table/field is USR02 and the parameter for the calculation is login/password_expiration_time parameter

0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal,

Could you please let me know where in change documents ? Is it SUIM - Change documents - For users ?

If yes, it will not give the information what i am expecting.

Thanks,

Sankar.

0 Kudos

To display the documentation for one of the parameters, choose Tools CCMS Configuration Profile Maintenance (transaction RZ10),

Click Default in the profile . and click on Extended maintenance.

here you will see all the parameters and the values and u can specify the parameter name, and choose Display.On the following screen, choose the Documentation pushbutton.