cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaying data on a different level then the allocation check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are creating sales orders in R/3 and executing a sales order check based on a planning area in APO.

this check is done on Product / sold to, because that is the level where teh forecast is entered.

However, one sold to can contain different ship to's. so because of disagregation, it is randomly done over the ship to's.

What we want to obtain is that the when the allocation check is done and the orders is in APO via the CIF, the data is displayed on product sold to, ship to like in the sales order while the check to see if there is enough quantity can remain on product sold to.

Do you have any ideas?

Tommy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy

You can have the allocation check at any level you wish.  On my current project we are using allocation functionality to check picking capacity (MRP area level) then transportation capacity (Destination Country level).

The availability check will take place at product/location level where location is either a location or an MRP area.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we do want to keep the sales order check on product sold to level.

but when the check is ok, and the order is transferred to APO and visible in the planning book, we want it to be transferred on product Sold to and Ship to so that all dimensions in APO are correct and we do not get strange disagregations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tommy,

Please elaborate on your problem.

I assume you are talking about the Planning book used for Allocations; please confirm.  If the only CVCs in your Allocation planning book and your Product Allocation Group are 'Product' and 'Sold To', then 'ShipTo' (and ShipTo disaggregation) is irrelevant.  Product Allocation only considers the CVCs that have been created.  In this case, multiple ShipTos against a single SoldTo are 'first come first served' until the SoldTo Incoming Orders qty reaches the SoldTo Allocation Qty.

It is possible to include ShipTo in your Allocation Group and Allocation Planning Area in addition to SoldTo; this is a fairly common solution.  If you do so, you will THEN have to consider ShipTo Disaggregation issues.  Since this seems to be a negative issue for you, I would recommend against it.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes I am talking about the planning book for allocations. more specificly the order key figure in that book. The area where I am talking about is also the area for ATP.

In the CVC's that are created, ship to is included. We use this to determine the plant.

But in the customizing it is set to check only at product sold to. We do not want to change the check level. But we would like to see the order displayed at the level of the ship to in the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tommy,

If there is no CVC in the Allocation Group which includes ShipTo as a characteristic, you cannot display ShipTo in your SAP Standard GATP results screen (this screen mainly displays Allocation Group info).

You say you do not want to include ShipTo in your PA configuration, so I believe that the display you seek would require some kind of enhancement.  One wonders what is the compelling reason to see the shipto info natively in your GATP screens, when it is evidently not relevant for ATP....

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was not included in the origional project so I dont know what was the reason. But I do now that our plant is navigational on the ship to. And to sent data to SNP, this gives problems because the data we sent to SNP on product plant is not correct (it can be that a sold to is linked to multiple ship to's and therefore also to multiple plant). So in cases it is too low in other cases too high.

What would be a good enhancement to try this is? Because I think the CVC's created in the allocation group via program /SAPAPO/RMQUOT_PAREA_CR can only be odne based on the level that we have assigned in the customizing. But it is in the ATP planning area where the dataviews are built on.

REgards,

tommy

Former Member
0 Kudos

furthermore, I dont thinkt there is an issue ot add ship to as an char to the  CVC Prod. Alloc. Grp as  long as we dont need to check against it. would that be an option?