cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget check against overall limit value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i create a service activity in a project , a PR is created in the background. In this service activity under "limits" tabs, i enter the value of "overall limit"and "expected value".

Now, whenever the project budget is defined/maintained,the system checks the summation of the expected value against the released budget and gives the commitment error in PS and budget exceeded error in PR/PO respectively

My client has a requirement that the system should check the "overall limit" instead of "expected value" against the budget and accordingly give the error message.

Is this possible? I tried searching on these forums but didn't find anything. I am new to PS and any inputs to meet the above requirement will be highly appreciated.

Please suggest how can this requirement be met?

Thanks

Regards,

Dhwni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pardha,

Of course I would prefer to us the SAP standard configuration. However I am nopt sure which "Over all limit" for budget check are you refering to. Do you mean to check the flag Overall in the Budget profile definition (OPS9)? Or another configuration step?

According to the SAP help this Indicator which controls whether availability checks are conducted against the overall value or against annual ones.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I mean at P.R level.

if you activate "Over all limit" of the P.R for your budget check, system will show as committed amount even if you receive lesser qty of service for the "Delta" Amount.

Any way you are assigning budget for "Over all" and Year wise in CJ30.System will check over all budget of the project including yearly budget.

Regards,

Pardhu

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

if you activate "Over all limit" for budget check, system will show as committed amount even if you receive lesser qty of service for the "Delta" Amount.

Already you have budget and system any way it will check at the time of P.O and GRN (Service entry sheet creation)

If you De-activate budget check at P.R level, it will effect Material procurement also if you are using collective P.R for WBS element.

Regards,

Pardhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhwni Patil

For this first you have to remove the Budget check at PR . Second you have to use enhancement such that system checks the available budget against overall limit during Service PR creation

Regards

Vijay Kumar Hebbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

Yes you are correct, by standard the system works based  on expected value only.

Although I guess there is way by which it can be handled through enhancement. However, I am not aware about the exact details of enhancement.

We didn't make any changes in our system as client didn't want us to implement  the enhancement option

Hope this helps.

I am closing this question of the forum